- Daytona Tuesday Notebook
- PHOTOS: Daytona Tuesday Gallery (UPDATED)
- Corvette Reverts to Spare Chassis After Roar Fire
- VIDEO: Rolex 24 Transporter Load-In Timelapse
- Campbell Completes Competition Porsche Lineup for Bathurst 12H
- Continental Tire IMSA Spotlight: Jeroen Mul
- Pigot: “I’ve Always Wanted to Be a Part of the Rolex 24”
- McLaren Announces Bathurst Driver Lineups
- Morris: “It’s a Big Step Up From What I’m Used To”
- Two Emil Frey Jaguars Confirmed for Blancpain GT Endurance Cup
Audi Sport Inaugurates Neuburg Headquarters
- Updated: September 1, 2014
Audi Sport will be moving its headquarters from Ingolstadt to a new state-of-the-art facility in Neuburg, which officially opened its doors last weekend.
Inaugurated in an official ceremony attended by Bavarian Minister President Horst Seehofer and local politicians, as well as members of the Audi board, the new facility, located 12 miles west of Ingolstadt, joins the customer operations center, which was launched in May on the on the 116-acre grounds.
“Relatively soon after I started as Head of Motorsport at Audi 21 years ago, discussions about a center of our own began,” Audi’s Wolfgang Ullrich explained. “The former supermarket we were located in was always just intended to be a provisional facility.
“The aim was to find a location in Ingolstadt and to be close to Technical Development (TE). But Audi kept growing during this time. As a result, it became increasingly difficult to find facilities in Ingolstadt.
“When the opportunity in Neuburg arose, we realized that it provided many advantages and accepted that we wouldn’t be in immediate proximity to TE. However, we’ll obviously continue to be closely associated with TE in organizational and technological respects.”
The move from Ingolstadt to Neuburg will be made before the end of the year and will be followed by Audi Sport customer racing, which should have its facility completed by the first half of 2015.
“We now have adequate grounds and perfect facilities to set ourselves up,” Ullrich added. “Personnel can now be accommodated in accordance with our operational processes that wasnt always the case in the past.
“In the future, various functions that are distributed to Audi Sport and individual TE departments today will be concentrated at a single complex here in Neuburg an der Donau.
“The fact that we now have a track for initial functional tests of our race cars directly on our doorstep is another advantage.”