- Watts: “Being Out Has Made Me Feel More Comfortable With Myself”
- Wilson Completes Initial Test Ahead of Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Debut
- Franchitti Confirmed at Mazda for 12H Sebring
- Meyrick, Pattrick Join GT4 Series in Bullitt McLaren
- Aleshin Involved in Initial BR1 Development
- Young Driver Steps Down from Aston Martin WEC Program
- Porsche Confirms Bruni; Set for Mid-Season IMSA Effort
- Pier Guidi Confirmed as Bruni Replacement at Ferrari
- Racing Team Nederland Takes Delivery of Second Dallara LMP2
- Bihel Joins YMR Le Mans Cup Program
GMG Confirms Two-Car Porsche GT4 Clubsport MR Effort for Daytona
- Updated: January 3, 2017
GMG Racing has confirmed a two-car Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR entry for this month’s IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge season-opener at Daytona.
The California-based team will make its return to IMSA competition in the GS class, with Elias Sabo, Matt Halliday and team owner James Sofronas to pilot the No. 11 Porsche and the No. 88 entry to be driven by Alec Udell, Andy Lee and Carter Yeung in the four-hour enduro.
“We have an excellent mix of talent, experience, and new enthusiasm, and above all I think it should all combine for an incredible month for everyone on the team,” Sofronas said.
“This Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport is such an excellent car for developing new talent, and at a place like Daytona… you can’t beat the experience.”
GMG gave the SRO GT4-spec GT4 Clubsport MR its North American race debut in the Pirelli World Challenge season finale at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in October.
It will be among the nearly two-dozen GS class entries set for the new-look Continental Tire Challenge series.
The team’s IMSA plans post-Daytona have yet to be confirmed.