- DragonSpeed Confirms Four-Car PWC Effort for 2015
- 2015 FIA WEC Silly Season Update 2: GTE-Pro/GTE-Am
- Marcelli Confirmed in Mantella Autosport Camaro
- Rollcentre Returns with Ginetta-Juno LMP3
- SpeedSource Mazda Driver Pairings Confirmed
- IMSA Finalizing BoP for Daytona, 2015 Season
- Ganassi Confirms Rolex 24 Lineup
- Actor Erik Valdez to Run Partial CTSC Season with Rebel Rock
- Factory Ford GTE Program Set for 2016 Debut
- Starworks Set for Riley-BMW DP Effort in NAEC
AAI Motorsports Reveals Three-Car GT Program
- Updated: April 9, 2014
The new-look GT class in the Asian Le Mans Series has been given a significant boost, with AAI Motorsport confirming Wednesday that it will field a three-car GT3 program.
The Taiwanese squad, which ran a McLaren MP4-12C, BMW Z4 GT3 and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR in select events last year, will focus its efforts on a pair of BMWs plus a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 for 2014.
Yu Lam, Takamitsu Matsui and Super GT ace Takeshi Tsuchiya have been named drivers of the No. 36 Mercedes, while JunSan Chen and Tatsuya Tanigawa will join the previously announced Ollie Millroy in the No. 91 BMW.
AAI’s No. 92 BMW, meanwhile, will be driven by Morris Chen, Ryohei Sakaguichi and a to-be-determined third driver.
In addition to its increased involvement in Asian LMS, the team has also committed a three-car program for the Macau GP Cup in November.