- ROAL to Enter BMW M6 GT3 in Blancpain GT
- GMG Acquires Porsche 911 GT3-R for 2016
- Curran, Said to Drive Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R in GT Masters
- Performance Tech Rebuilding, Refocusing on PC Changes for 2016
- Taesch Wahlen (Asian LMS): “We Must Adapt to the Asian Market”
- VIDEO: A Lap of Fuji Speedway with Toyota’s Kaz Nakajima
- Fuji Friday Notebook
- Porsche Quickest on Friday at Fuji
- DC Racing Set for Competition Debut of Ligier JS P3
- Lotterer Tops Free Practice 1 at Fuji
AAI Motorsports Reveals Three-Car GT Program
- Updated: April 9, 2014
The new-look GT class in the Asian Le Mans Series has been given a significant boost, with AAI Motorsport confirming Wednesday that it will field a three-car GT3 program.
The Taiwanese squad, which ran a McLaren MP4-12C, BMW Z4 GT3 and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR in select events last year, will focus its efforts on a pair of BMWs plus a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 for 2014.
Yu Lam, Takamitsu Matsui and Super GT ace Takeshi Tsuchiya have been named drivers of the No. 36 Mercedes, while JunSan Chen and Tatsuya Tanigawa will join the previously announced Ollie Millroy in the No. 91 BMW.
AAI’s No. 92 BMW, meanwhile, will be driven by Morris Chen, Ryohei Sakaguichi and a to-be-determined third driver.
In addition to its increased involvement in Asian LMS, the team has also committed a three-car program for the Macau GP Cup in November.