- Corey Lewis Joins Strategic Wealth Racing
- Team SARD-Morand Confirms Single-Car LMP2 Entry for 6H Spa
- Patron ESM Completes Shakedown of Ligier JS P2 Hondas
- Vieira: “Kairos Does Not Just Make Up the Numbers in Endurance”
- Mitchum Embracing Lamborghini Ladder With Push for Second Title
- Weekend Racing Roundup, 4.27
- FOX Sports 1, 2 to Carry Full Live Coverage of 6H Spa
- Estre Leads K-PAX with Flying Lizard McLaren 1-2 at Barber
- Davison Docked All Win Points Following Post-Race Tech
- Volkswagen Group Chairman Ferdinand Piech Resigns
AAI Motorsports Reveals Three-Car GT Program
- Updated: April 9, 2014
The new-look GT class in the Asian Le Mans Series has been given a significant boost, with AAI Motorsport confirming Wednesday that it will field a three-car GT3 program.
The Taiwanese squad, which ran a McLaren MP4-12C, BMW Z4 GT3 and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR in select events last year, will focus its efforts on a pair of BMWs plus a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 for 2014.
Yu Lam, Takamitsu Matsui and Super GT ace Takeshi Tsuchiya have been named drivers of the No. 36 Mercedes, while JunSan Chen and Tatsuya Tanigawa will join the previously announced Ollie Millroy in the No. 91 BMW.
AAI’s No. 92 BMW, meanwhile, will be driven by Morris Chen, Ryohei Sakaguichi and a to-be-determined third driver.
In addition to its increased involvement in Asian LMS, the team has also committed a three-car program for the Macau GP Cup in November.