- Stevens to Continue With G-Drive for 6H Shanghai
- Zhuhai Thursday Notebook
- Menezes Joins DC Racing Asian LMS Effort
- 2017 IMSA Silly Season Update: GT Daytona
- Hamui Wins 2016 GT Academy International
- DAGYS: Audi’s Gift to the Endurance Racing World
- Toyota: Audi’s Withdrawal Has “No Effect” on 2017 Program
- Neveu: “We Regret the Departure of a Major Player in the WEC”
- Inside Audi’s Key Achievements in Prototype Racing
- Oreca 07 Turns First Laps at Paul Ricard
AAI Motorsports Reveals Three-Car GT Program
- Updated: April 9, 2014
The new-look GT class in the Asian Le Mans Series has been given a significant boost, with AAI Motorsport confirming Wednesday that it will field a three-car GT3 program.
The Taiwanese squad, which ran a McLaren MP4-12C, BMW Z4 GT3 and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR in select events last year, will focus its efforts on a pair of BMWs plus a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 for 2014.
Yu Lam, Takamitsu Matsui and Super GT ace Takeshi Tsuchiya have been named drivers of the No. 36 Mercedes, while JunSan Chen and Tatsuya Tanigawa will join the previously announced Ollie Millroy in the No. 91 BMW.
AAI’s No. 92 BMW, meanwhile, will be driven by Morris Chen, Ryohei Sakaguichi and a to-be-determined third driver.
In addition to its increased involvement in Asian LMS, the team has also committed a three-car program for the Macau GP Cup in November.