- Vanthoor and WRT Take Title with Nürburgring Win
- HTP Motorsport Leads Nürburgring 1000 At Halfway Mark
- TUDOR Set To Further Recognize Pro-Am P, GTLM Drivers
- Nürburgring Pre-Race Notebook
- PHOTOS: FIA WEC COTA Race Gallery
- Audi Wins FIA WEC Six Hours of COTA
- Aston Martin Doubles Up in GTE at COTA
- Massive Deluge Causes Chaos, Red Flag in COTA Second Hour
- AUDIO: TUSC COTA Post-Race Soundbites
- PHOTOS: COTA TUSC Race Gallery
AAI Motorsports Reveals Three-Car GT Program
- Updated: April 9, 2014
The new-look GT class in the Asian Le Mans Series has been given a significant boost, with AAI Motorsport confirming Wednesday that it will field a three-car GT3 program.
The Taiwanese squad, which ran a McLaren MP4-12C, BMW Z4 GT3 and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR in select events last year, will focus its efforts on a pair of BMWs plus a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 for 2014.
Yu Lam, Takamitsu Matsui and Super GT ace Takeshi Tsuchiya have been named drivers of the No. 36 Mercedes, while JunSan Chen and Tatsuya Tanigawa will join the previously announced Ollie Millroy in the No. 91 BMW.
AAI’s No. 92 BMW, meanwhile, will be driven by Morris Chen, Ryohei Sakaguichi and a to-be-determined third driver.
In addition to its increased involvement in Asian LMS, the team has also committed a three-car program for the Macau GP Cup in November.