- Baptista Completes Flying Lizard Porsche GTS Lineup
- REVIEW: A Big Ask: Ford’s Triumphant Return to Le Mans
- Gill (PWC): USAC Playing Supporting Role
- Revised PWC Points Structure for 2017
- Tomlinson: LMP1 an “Obvious” Move for Ginetta
- Walkinshaw Confirms Second Porsche Lineup for Bathurst 12H
- Barker, Imperatori in Grove Porsche for Bathurst 12H
- VIDEO: New Porsche 911 RSR Set for Daytona Debut
- PHOTOS: Dubai Weekend Gallery
- Herberth Leads Porsche 1-2 Sweep in 24H Dubai
AAI Motorsports Reveals Three-Car GT Program
- Updated: April 9, 2014
The new-look GT class in the Asian Le Mans Series has been given a significant boost, with AAI Motorsport confirming Wednesday that it will field a three-car GT3 program.
The Taiwanese squad, which ran a McLaren MP4-12C, BMW Z4 GT3 and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR in select events last year, will focus its efforts on a pair of BMWs plus a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 for 2014.
Yu Lam, Takamitsu Matsui and Super GT ace Takeshi Tsuchiya have been named drivers of the No. 36 Mercedes, while JunSan Chen and Tatsuya Tanigawa will join the previously announced Ollie Millroy in the No. 91 BMW.
AAI’s No. 92 BMW, meanwhile, will be driven by Morris Chen, Ryohei Sakaguichi and a to-be-determined third driver.
In addition to its increased involvement in Asian LMS, the team has also committed a three-car program for the Macau GP Cup in November.