- Signatech-Alpine Set for FIA WEC LMP2 Entry
- Blackdog Speed Shop Confirms Z/28.Rs, Cooper for PWC GTS
- Team SARD-Morand Confirms Two-Car LMP2 Entry
- GMG Announces Four-Car PWC Entry, Expansion to GT-Cup
- Toyota Tests Vergne, Kobayashi, Beche at Motorland Aragon
- EDWARDS: Daytona Debrief
- WTR Loses Rolex 24 Podium Finish, Points Over Drive Time Infraction
- Gordon Open to Future in Sports Car Racing
- Ibanez Oreca 03Rs to be Rebadged as Wolf GB08s
- Toyota Confirms Full-Season Lineup; Adds Conway
AAI Motorsports Reveals Three-Car GT Program
- Updated: April 9, 2014
The new-look GT class in the Asian Le Mans Series has been given a significant boost, with AAI Motorsport confirming Wednesday that it will field a three-car GT3 program.
The Taiwanese squad, which ran a McLaren MP4-12C, BMW Z4 GT3 and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR in select events last year, will focus its efforts on a pair of BMWs plus a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 for 2014.
Yu Lam, Takamitsu Matsui and Super GT ace Takeshi Tsuchiya have been named drivers of the No. 36 Mercedes, while JunSan Chen and Tatsuya Tanigawa will join the previously announced Ollie Millroy in the No. 91 BMW.
AAI’s No. 92 BMW, meanwhile, will be driven by Morris Chen, Ryohei Sakaguichi and a to-be-determined third driver.
In addition to its increased involvement in Asian LMS, the team has also committed a three-car program for the Macau GP Cup in November.