- Lexus RC F GT3 Making Strides; IMSA Factory Effort Being Finalized
- VIDEO: Inside WEC, Nürburgring
- Record Number of Early Entries for Bathurst 12H
- O’CONNELL: Sonoma Debrief
- Dumas (Onroak): “We’ll Have an Entirely New LMP2 Car in 2017″
- Tequila Patron ESM Planning WEC Return in 2016
- Thompson Credits PWC Sonoma Success to Sim Session at GPX Lab
- IMSA Opens Entries for 2016 WeatherTech SC
- Audi Working on 2016 LMP1 Car
- Continental Tire IMSA Driver Spotlight: Patrick Lindsey
AAI Motorsports Reveals Three-Car GT Program
- Updated: April 9, 2014
The new-look GT class in the Asian Le Mans Series has been given a significant boost, with AAI Motorsport confirming Wednesday that it will field a three-car GT3 program.
The Taiwanese squad, which ran a McLaren MP4-12C, BMW Z4 GT3 and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR in select events last year, will focus its efforts on a pair of BMWs plus a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 for 2014.
Yu Lam, Takamitsu Matsui and Super GT ace Takeshi Tsuchiya have been named drivers of the No. 36 Mercedes, while JunSan Chen and Tatsuya Tanigawa will join the previously announced Ollie Millroy in the No. 91 BMW.
AAI’s No. 92 BMW, meanwhile, will be driven by Morris Chen, Ryohei Sakaguichi and a to-be-determined third driver.
In addition to its increased involvement in Asian LMS, the team has also committed a three-car program for the Macau GP Cup in November.