- Toyota Paces Free Practice 1 at Shanghai
- Baku Thursday Notebook
- Craft-Bamboo Confirms Two-Car Entry for Bathurst 12 Hour
- All-New Porsche 919 Hybrid Under Development for 2015
- Hill (ESM): “If We’re Going to Do It Next Year We Want to be Prepared”
- Bathurst 12H Grid Reaches 50 Entries
- Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champions Earn Supercup Entries for USGP
- Bomarito Returns to Mazda for 2015
- VIDEO: CORE Autosport on 2014 Championship Season
- Continental Tire, Eversley to Provide Expanded Coverage of SEMA
AAI Motorsports Reveals Three-Car GT Program
- Updated: April 9, 2014
The new-look GT class in the Asian Le Mans Series has been given a significant boost, with AAI Motorsport confirming Wednesday that it will field a three-car GT3 program.
The Taiwanese squad, which ran a McLaren MP4-12C, BMW Z4 GT3 and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR in select events last year, will focus its efforts on a pair of BMWs plus a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 for 2014.
Yu Lam, Takamitsu Matsui and Super GT ace Takeshi Tsuchiya have been named drivers of the No. 36 Mercedes, while JunSan Chen and Tatsuya Tanigawa will join the previously announced Ollie Millroy in the No. 91 BMW.
AAI’s No. 92 BMW, meanwhile, will be driven by Morris Chen, Ryohei Sakaguichi and a to-be-determined third driver.
In addition to its increased involvement in Asian LMS, the team has also committed a three-car program for the Macau GP Cup in November.