- Dalziel Dominates Saturday Race at Mid-Ohio
- Mid-Ohio Weekend Notebook
- Compass360 Racing Announces Audi TT-RS PWC GTS Program
- Strakka Targeting LMP2 Wins With Switch to Gibson 015S
- DragonSpeed Exploring Rolex 24 Effort with Mercedes, 2016 Options
- Corvette DPs Hit with BoP Adjustments for Road America
- 30 Cars Tentatively on Road America CTSC Entry List
- Morand in Partnership Talks with Rebellion for 2016
- VIDEO: The Secret Ford GT Shakedown
- Bentley Planning Factory Return to Blancpain GT in 2016
AAI Motorsports Reveals Three-Car GT Program
- Updated: April 9, 2014
The new-look GT class in the Asian Le Mans Series has been given a significant boost, with AAI Motorsport confirming Wednesday that it will field a three-car GT3 program.
The Taiwanese squad, which ran a McLaren MP4-12C, BMW Z4 GT3 and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR in select events last year, will focus its efforts on a pair of BMWs plus a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 for 2014.
Yu Lam, Takamitsu Matsui and Super GT ace Takeshi Tsuchiya have been named drivers of the No. 36 Mercedes, while JunSan Chen and Tatsuya Tanigawa will join the previously announced Ollie Millroy in the No. 91 BMW.
AAI’s No. 92 BMW, meanwhile, will be driven by Morris Chen, Ryohei Sakaguichi and a to-be-determined third driver.
In addition to its increased involvement in Asian LMS, the team has also committed a three-car program for the Macau GP Cup in November.