- Emerson Fittipaldi Preparing for Possible Racing Return
- Continental Tire IMSA Driver Spotilight: Kuno Wittmer
- Signatech-Alpine Exploring Options for 2015
- Bennett (CORE): “We Have a Sharp Focus on What’s Coming for 2017″
- Eleven Auto Invites Already Confirmed for 2015 LM24
- Five Drivers Take Part in Porsche Young Driver Academy
- Weekend Racing Roundup, 10.20
- RG Racing Targeting NAEC Program with Riley-Dinan DP
- Turner Confirms Two-Car Pirelli WC Program for 2015
- 2015 Silly Season Update 1: GTLM/GTD
AAI Motorsports Reveals Three-Car GT Program
- Updated: April 9, 2014
The new-look GT class in the Asian Le Mans Series has been given a significant boost, with AAI Motorsport confirming Wednesday that it will field a three-car GT3 program.
The Taiwanese squad, which ran a McLaren MP4-12C, BMW Z4 GT3 and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR in select events last year, will focus its efforts on a pair of BMWs plus a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 for 2014.
Yu Lam, Takamitsu Matsui and Super GT ace Takeshi Tsuchiya have been named drivers of the No. 36 Mercedes, while JunSan Chen and Tatsuya Tanigawa will join the previously announced Ollie Millroy in the No. 91 BMW.
AAI’s No. 92 BMW, meanwhile, will be driven by Morris Chen, Ryohei Sakaguichi and a to-be-determined third driver.
In addition to its increased involvement in Asian LMS, the team has also committed a three-car program for the Macau GP Cup in November.