- VIDEO: Lexus Road to Daytona: Episode 2
- Pizzitola Outpaces Tung to Sepang Pole
- Pizzitola Fastest in Free Practice at Sepang
- DAC Confirms Lamborghini TPNAEC Effort, Daytona Lineup
- YMR/M.Racing Switches to Norma M30 for LMP3 Campaign
- Clearwater Set for Multi-Class Entry in Blancpain GT Asia
- Freedom Autosport Confirms Three-Car Mazda MX-5 Effort
- Nunez: “I’m Excited to See What We Can Do With the New Platform”
- High Expectations for Green, New MIA McLaren GT4 Effort
- Mok Weng Sun: “The WEC is the Pinnacle of My Career”
Graff Tops Final Practice in Abu Dhabi
- Updated: December 16, 2016
Graff Racing topped the time sheets in the final practice prior to qualifying for Saturday’s Gulf 12 Hours at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi.
GP2 Series frontrunner Alex Lynn in the No. 23 United Autosport Ligier JS P3 was fastest in the first of two practice sessions held today, but in the second practice session it was James Winslow in the No. 5 Graff Ligier who set the fastest time of the weekend so far.
Winslow put in a fastest lap time of 2:06.303 some 20 minutes from the end of the session, beating Alex Lynn’s fastest time by 0.312s. Third fastest after today’s practice sessions was the No. 24 Graff Ligier JS P3.
Kessel Racing outpaced Spirit of Race and Dragon Racing in the GT class, with the No. 11 Ferrari 488 GT3 lapping the 5.555 km long track in 2:09.260.
The No. 51 Spirit of Race Ferrari was second fastest, 0.609s behind the Kessel car. Dragon Racing finished practice in third place.
Generation AMR Superracing’s fastest time from Free Practice 3 was fast enough to claim fastest lap of the day so far in the GTX class for GT4 cars.
The 2:22.878 set by Matt George in the No. 44 Aston Martin Vantage GT4 was almost eight tenths quicker than the fastest time of the No. 50 Scuderia Villorba Corse Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4.
Qualifying for tomorrow’s sixth Gulf 12 Hours will start at 3:45 pm local time.