- Keating: “I Expect LMP2 to Be Where It’s At This Year in Le Mans”
- ESM Reveals Nissan Onroak DPi Livery
- Acura, Lexus in New Wave of GT3 Cars Set for Debut
- Lamborghini Produces 200th Huracán Race Car
- Cosmo: “We Can Contend for This Championship”
- Keating Gains IMSA Auto-Invite for 24H Le Mans
- By Speed Factory Confirms ELMS LMP3 Return
- Algarve Pro Wins 4H Sepang, Asian LMS Title as DC Racing Retires
- VIDEO: Lexus Road to Daytona: Episode 2
- Pizzitola Outpaces Tung to Sepang Pole
Blancpain GT Asia Partners With Audi R8 LMS Cup
- Updated: December 20, 2016
As confirmed earlier this month, SRO Motorsports Group has entered into a collaboration with the Audi R8 LMS Cup, that will see the two championships have non-conflicting events and a joint end-of-year weekend, aimed to help grow GT racing in Asia.
The two series will feature calendars that closely mirror each other, offering simplified transport and logistics for teams and drivers doing both championships.
Additionally, the winner of the Audi R8 LMS Cup’s amateur class will receive a free entry to the 2018 Total 24 Hours of Spa.
“We have worked very hard to make Blancpain GT Series Asia as attractive a package as possible, and our partnership with the Audi R8 LMS Cup certainly adds even more value,” said Blancpain GT Series Asia General Manager Benjamin Franassovici.
“It’s not often that championships work together for the good of both series, but we understand that what is good for one of us also benefits the other. The more cost-effective we can make both the better.
“Equally, offering a free entry into the 2018 Total 24 Hours of Spa for the championship’s top amateur provides an Asian driver with a fantastic opportunity to test themselves beyond the continent in a world-class event.”
Bernd Goeres, Director of Audi Sport customer racing Asia added: “Our 2017 calendar provides teams with the flexibility to fully utilize their Audi R8 LMS race car by entering additional racing series.
“Audi continues to play its leading role for the accelerating motorsport development in Asia.”
The inaugural Blancpain GT Series Asia season kicks off at Sepang on April 8-9.