- Bentley Fastest After Day One in France
- Paul Ricard Test Notebook, Part 3
- Bentley Tops First Test Session
- Continental Tire IMSA Driver Spotlight: Patrick Long
- Paul Ricard Pre-Test Notebook, Part 2
- Cosmo Joins Marsh Racing for Sebring
- Paul Ricard Pre-Test Notebook, Part 1
- Matt McMurry Named Dyson Development Driver
- Hugh Plumb Completes Rum Bum’s Sebring Lineup
- Millennium Withdraws from Sebring, Down to 65 Entries
Fuji Date Moves Again, Petit Le Mans Clash Avoided
- Updated: December 4, 2013
The FIA World Motor Sport Council released Wednesday the confirmed 2014 calendar for the FIA World Endurance Championship, which features a further date change.
The Six Hours of Fuji moves back to its originally scheduled date of Oct. 10-12, after being placed one week earlier in a revised schedule issued by the WEC in October.
As a result, a clash between the Fuji round and the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season-ending Petit Le Mans has now been avoided, although the two series will still hold events on the same May 2-4 weekend next year.
Additionally, the Sao Paulo round has now been confirmed, remaining with the same date, while the series’ trip to the Circuit of The Americas is still listed for Sept. 18-20, as a combined event with the TUDOR Championship.
In other news, the FIA approved the creation of an additional Endurance Trophy for LMP1 Privateer drivers, assuming at least three cars are entered for the season.
Also, the guidelines for the new “Equivalence of Technology” for the new-for-2014 LMP1 regulations was defined, which will allow for two periods of adjustments during the year.
2014 FIA World Endurance Championship Schedule:
April 18-20 – Silverstone
May 2-3 – Spa-Francorchamps
June 1 – Le Mans Test Day
June 14-15 – 24 Hours of Le Mans
August 29-31 – Sao Paulo
September 18-20 – Circuit of The Americas
October 10-12 – Fuji
October 31-November 1 – Shanghai
November 13-15 – Bahrain