- Jamin Dominates GTS Race 1 at VIR
- Skeen Storms to SprintX Pole at VIR
- Adam, Johnston Lead TF Sport 1-2 in Rockingham Qualifying
- Courtney Edges Out Jamin for GTS Pole
- AJR Co-Founder Holly Job Passes Away
- Davison Lands Last-Minute Drive in DIME Lamborghini
- Jamin: “Anything I Drive, I Always Want to Win”
- VIDEO: VIR Practice Highlights
- VIR Friday Notebook
- Chase, Gottsacker Confirmed in TRG Porsche for COTA
Fassler Escapes Injury After Massive Corvette Fire
- Updated: January 8, 2017
Marcel Fassler has escaped injury following a massive fire for the No. 4 Corvette C7.R in Sunday’s penultimate test session at the Roar Before the 24.
The Swiss driver bailed from his GT Le Mans contender after it caught fire while entering NASCAR Turn 2.
The incident brought out a lengthy red flag period for cleanup, with the cause of the fire understood to be fuel-related.
Fassler had shared driving duties of the defending Rolex 24 class-winning Corvette with 2016 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Champions Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner.