- GAINSCO/BSR Readies for PWC Season
- PHOTOS: Sebring Test Gallery
- Sebring Friday Notebook
- Taylor Ends Sebring Test On Top
- Montoya: “Time Will Tell” On Sports Car Future
- Wendl Named New Mercedes-AMG Motorsport Customer Racing Boss
- VIDEO: Michelin GTLM Track to Street Showdown
- Porsche Completes First Test With 2017-Spec 919 Hybrid
- P1 Motorsports Confirms Ligier JS P3 for Perez
- Sebring Thursday Notebook
Fassler Escapes Injury After Massive Corvette Fire
- Updated: January 8, 2017
Marcel Fassler has escaped injury following a massive fire for the No. 4 Corvette C7.R in Sunday’s penultimate test session at the Roar Before the 24.
The Swiss driver bailed from his GT Le Mans contender after it caught fire while entering NASCAR Turn 2.
The incident brought out a lengthy red flag period for cleanup, with the cause of the fire understood to be fuel-related.
Fassler had shared driving duties of the defending Rolex 24 class-winning Corvette with 2016 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Champions Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner.