- Talbot Victorious in Final Albert Park Race
- Manthey Porsche Wins VLN1
- Van Der Linde Declared Race 1 Winner after Post-Race Penalties
- CJ Wilson: “I’m Making Up For Lost Time”
- Revised WEC TV Broadcast Team Announced
- Second GT4 Porsche for RN Vision STS
- Algarve Pro Confirms 24H Le Mans Lineup, SO24! Deal
- Atherton: No Plans to Performance Balance LMP3, MPC Cars
- Quaife, Case Confirmed in AF Corse Ferrari for Sprint Cup
- BMW Team France Confirms Two-Car Entry for GT4 Southern Cup
Fassler Escapes Injury After Massive Corvette Fire
- Updated: January 8, 2017
Marcel Fassler has escaped injury following a massive fire for the No. 4 Corvette C7.R in Sunday’s penultimate test session at the Roar Before the 24.
The Swiss driver bailed from his GT Le Mans contender after it caught fire while entering NASCAR Turn 2.
The incident brought out a lengthy red flag period for cleanup, with the cause of the fire understood to be fuel-related.
Fassler had shared driving duties of the defending Rolex 24 class-winning Corvette with 2016 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Champions Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner.