- Keating: “I Expect LMP2 to Be Where It’s At This Year in Le Mans”
- ESM Reveals Nissan Onroak DPi Livery
- Acura, Lexus in New Wave of GT3 Cars Set for Debut
- Lamborghini Produces 200th Huracán Race Car
- Cosmo: “We Can Contend for This Championship”
- Keating Gains IMSA Auto-Invite for 24H Le Mans
- By Speed Factory Confirms ELMS LMP3 Return
- Algarve Pro Wins 4H Sepang, Asian LMS Title as DC Racing Retires
- VIDEO: Lexus Road to Daytona: Episode 2
- Pizzitola Outpaces Tung to Sepang Pole
Fassler Escapes Injury After Massive Corvette Fire
- Updated: January 8, 2017
Marcel Fassler has escaped injury following a massive fire for the No. 4 Corvette C7.R in Sunday’s penultimate test session at the Roar Before the 24.
The Swiss driver bailed from his GT Le Mans contender after it caught fire while entering NASCAR Turn 2.
The incident brought out a lengthy red flag period for cleanup, with the cause of the fire understood to be fuel-related.
Fassler had shared driving duties of the defending Rolex 24 class-winning Corvette with 2016 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Champions Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner.