- Taylor Brothers Conquer Long Beach
- BMW Team RLL Takes GTLM Win at Long Beach
- Long Beach Pre-Race Notebook
- Beretta Scores PWC Pole at Long Beach
- Continental Tire Keys to the Race: Long Beach
- Coyote Debating Financial Viability of 2017 LMP2 Car
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Friday Gallery
- Long Beach Friday Notebook
- Ricky Taylor Rockets to Long Beach Pole
- Auberlen Leads BMW 1-2 in GTLM Qualifying at Long Beach
BAR1 Enters Two Prototype Challenge Cars
- Updated: November 21, 2013
BAR1 Motorsports announced Thursday that it has submitted two Prototype Challenge entries for next year’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
The Ohio-based squad is coming off a successful season in American Le Mans Series competition, having won the final three races and finishing second in the PC championship with drivers Chris Cumming and Kyle Marcelli.
With Cumming having signed with RSR Racing for 2014, team owner Brian Alder is still working to finalize the driver lineup for his pair of Oreca FLM09s.
“Looking back at 2013, I can’t say enough about the effort our team put forth,” Alder said. “To win the final three races of the season was a huge accomplishment. We finished on the podium a total of eight times this season. We proved week in and out we are one of the premier teams in the highly competitive Prototype Challenge class.
“Today’s announcement serves notice we’ll be back to finish the job. We want more wins and we want the championship.”
BAR1 joins CORE autosport, PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports, RSR Racing, Level 5 Motorsports, Performance Tech, Pickett Racing, Starworks Motorsport and 8Star Motorsports with confirmed season-long PC entries.