- Spa Thursday Notebook
- PHOTOS: Spa Thursday Gallery
- Indianapolis Thursday Notebook
- Marc VDS BMW Tops Spa 24 Night Qualifying Session
- Dalziel Leads ESM Sweep of Front Row at Indy
- Fisichella Breaks Through for GTLM Pole at Indy
- Bell Takes Stevenson Camaro to CTSC Pole at Indy
- Dufour (HTP): “Audi is Our Main Opponent”
- ART Grand Prix Quickest in Pre-Qualifying at Spa
- HTP Motorsport On Top In Practice, ART McLaren Destroyed
RSR Confirms Two-Car Prototype Challenge Entry
- Updated: November 21, 2013
The entries keep coming for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, as RSR Racing is set for a two-car attack in the Prototype Challenge ranks next year.
Sportscar365 has learned that the Paul Gentilozzi-led squad has submitted a pair of entries for the spec prototype ranks.
After combining for two class wins this season, Bruno Junqueira and Duncan Ende will make a run for the championship in RSR’s No. 09 car, with former BAR1 Motorsports driver Chris Cumming confirmed in the team’s second Oreca FLM09 alongside a to-be-announced co-driver.
“We actually submitted the two-car entry about a week ago,” Gentilozzi told Sportscar365. “We’ve been planning on running two cars for a long time.”
The team took part in this week’s test at Daytona with a single-car effort for the three confirmed full-season drivers, plus Gustavo Menezes and 2013 IndyCar Series Rookie-of-the-Year Tristan Vautier, who will both be part of the lineup for the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
Gentilozzi expects to take delivery of a brand-new second Oreca FLM09 in the next few weeks, before returning to Daytona for private testing in December.
“I think it’s going to certainly be the most competitive PC class there ever has been,” he said. “Good competition and good drivers will hopefully make this particular class exposed more. I think the fans like it and we have great racing.”