- 2015 Silly Season Update 2: GTLM/GTD
- Moto GP Star Jorge Lorenzo Set for Gulf 12 Hours Debut
- Magnus Racing Confirms 2015 Program
- Continental Tire IMSA Driver Spotlight: Brian Frisselle
- McLaren GT Confirms Factory Lineup for Gulf 12 Hours
- Action Express Makes Personnel Changes for 2015
- IMSA Confirms PC/GTD Driver Pairing Regulations for 2015
- 8 Entries for Sepang
- IMSA News & Notes, 11.25
- SRO Launches Ultracar Sports Club
RSR Confirms Two-Car Prototype Challenge Entry
- Updated: November 21, 2013
The entries keep coming for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, as RSR Racing is set for a two-car attack in the Prototype Challenge ranks next year.
Sportscar365 has learned that the Paul Gentilozzi-led squad has submitted a pair of entries for the spec prototype ranks.
After combining for two class wins this season, Bruno Junqueira and Duncan Ende will make a run for the championship in RSR’s No. 09 car, with former BAR1 Motorsports driver Chris Cumming confirmed in the team’s second Oreca FLM09 alongside a to-be-announced co-driver.
“We actually submitted the two-car entry about a week ago,” Gentilozzi told Sportscar365. “We’ve been planning on running two cars for a long time.”
The team took part in this week’s test at Daytona with a single-car effort for the three confirmed full-season drivers, plus Gustavo Menezes and 2013 IndyCar Series Rookie-of-the-Year Tristan Vautier, who will both be part of the lineup for the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
Gentilozzi expects to take delivery of a brand-new second Oreca FLM09 in the next few weeks, before returning to Daytona for private testing in December.
“I think it’s going to certainly be the most competitive PC class there ever has been,” he said. “Good competition and good drivers will hopefully make this particular class exposed more. I think the fans like it and we have great racing.”