- Pier Guidi Puts AF Corse Ferrari on Pole at Monza
- Gutierrez Takes PC Race 2 Win at Barber
- Monza Saturday Notebook
- SMP Ferrari Quickest in Pre Qualifying at Monza
- Inaugural SprintX Champions Mills Rules Out PWC Return
- ISR Audi Tops First Practice at Monza; Strakka McLaren Crashes
- Schiller: “I’m Very Confident With My Decision”
- Koch Dominates in Prototype Challenge Series Return at Barber
- Bleekemolen Reunites with Pappas for SprintX Rounds
- 20 Full-Season Entries for Le Mans Cup
Norma M30 Tests at Pau Arnos, First Photo Released
- Updated: February 21, 2017
Norma Auto Concept has released a photo of its new-for-2017 LMP3 chassis, the Norma M30, testing on Tuesday at Circuit Pau Arnos in southern France.
This is the first photo of the French outfit’s LMP3 car, which is expected to make its race debut at Sebring in March for the opening round of the new-look IMSA Prototype Challenge presented by Mazda.
So far, two Norma M30 Nissans have been confirmed for the European Le Mans Series, with one car each for Oregon Team and M.Racing – YMR.
The pair of Normas will be the only non-Ligier entries in the class, with 14 Ligier JS P3 Nissans completing the 16-strong ELMS LMP3 field.
Norma founder Norbert Santos is confident that the M30 will be present in several series this season.
“We’ll be taking part in the VdeV, the Michelin [Le Mans] Cup and later on in Asian and other national and continental championships,” he said.
“With teams like Brooks Racing, DB Auto and DKR Engineering, believe me, we are quite ambitious. Our presence in the USA in IMSA for the first race in Sebring in mid-March is also sure now.
“We have been working hard behind the scenes for months to prepare our arrival this season with the M30, and we would love to see the M30 compete very soon against the four other manufacturers, wherever it is possible.”