- Kaffer Rejoins Risi for 24H Le Mans
- Alegra Enters Long Beach, Eyeing Full-Season Effort
- Sandberg Amongst Reiter Young Stars Drivers
- PHOTOS: Monza Thursday Gallery
- Monza Thursday Notebook
- Calado: “I’m in a Better Position to Win Races”
- Serra, Stanaway Complete AMR Lineup For First Three Races
- ART to Support McLaren Entry in GT4 European Southern Cup
- Buhk Headlines GruppeM Lineup for Blancpain GT Asia
- Porsche Completes 30-Hour Test at Paul Ricard
Bihel Joins YMR Le Mans Cup Program
- Updated: February 18, 2017
Seventeen-year-old Frenchman Natan Bihel has been confirmed as the first driver for Yvan Muller Racing’s recently announced LMP3 program in the Michelin Le Mans Cup.
Bihel, who made his debut with the team in the French Super Touring Championship, will pilot its Ligier JS P3 Nissan in the new-look series, which runs on European Le Mans Series weekends.
“Despite a big [jump] from SuperTouring to LMP3, I’m confident for this coming season,” he said. “The objective will be the championship and winning the most races and showing my performance on all of the circuits.
“With only one year of car racing behind me, I’m aware we’re going to have to work hard and I trust the entire Yvan Muller Racing team will help me perform well.”
Muller added: “We believe Natan has the capabilities to climb into such an [environment]. It was a decision that was made after conclusive tests in the LMP3 [car] last year.”
The team will also field a brand-new Norma M30 Nissan in the ELMS this season.