- Buhk, Baumann in Separate HTP Mercedes-AMGs for Sprint Cup
- Monza Monday Notebook
- PHOTOS: Monza Monday Gallery
- Di Grassi, Molina Linked to AF Corse Drives
- Chapman Replaces Fuller in RCIB Ginetta
- Malvern, Jones Return to British GT with Updated GT4 Porsche
- Marcelli Confirmed at R. Ferri for SprintX Rounds
- TDS Reveals Oreca WEC Livery
- Freddie Hunt Moves to GT4 European Series with Brookspeed
- New Porsche 919 Hybrid Breaks Cover
Dunlop Tire Test Kicks off at Sebring
- Updated: December 12, 2016
New-for-2017 LMP2 cars from ORECA, Dallara and Onroak Automotive are in action this week at Sebring International Raceway, as part of a week-long Dunlop tire test.
The five-day test, which kicked off on Monday, features both the Oreca 07 and Ligier JS P217 test cars, as well as the Racing Team Nederland Dallara LMP2, along with an Aston Martin Vantage GTE car.
The testing is focused to develop Dunlop’s 2017 LMP2 tire that will be used in the FIA World Endurance Championship and European Le Mans Series with the new Gibson-powered machinery.
It’s understood Tequila Patron ESM is operating the Ligier-Gibson, which took part in last month’s IMSA-sanctioned test at Daytona, while the Oreca 07 is decked out in Rebellion Racing decals.
Rebellion, meanwhile, will utilize ORECA’s test car for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona, with ESM set to take delivery of its Nissan-engined Ligier DPis later this month ahead of a planned Daytona debut as well.
The Sebring test is running concurrently to IMSA’s second official pre-season test at Daytona, which kicks off on Tuesday.
Photos and video courtesy of “Fans of the 12 Hours”