- DragonSpeed on Pole for 4H Estoril
- Lapierre Quickest in Wet FP2 at Estoril
- Continental Tire IMSA Spotlight: Jeff Braun
- IMSA Renames Prototype Challenge Classes
- Beche Tops Free Practice 1 at Estoril
- 2017 IMSA Silly Season Update: GT Le Mans
- Magny-Cours Confirmed as 24H Proto Series Season Opener
- Inside the Michelin Challenge Design “Le Mans 2030” Selection Process
- Michelin Challenge Design “Le Mans 2030” Winners Announced
- Beche Set for Manor Debut at 6H Shanghai
Heidfeld, Beche Return to Rebellion for 2014
- Updated: February 11, 2014
Nick Heidfeld and Mathias Beche will return to Rebellion Racing for this year’s FIA World Endurance Championship, the team confirmed Tuesday.
Both drivers, who were part of the Anglo-Swiss squad’s efforts last year, will be at the wheel of the new ORECA-designed Rebellion R-One Toyotas, which will make its debut in the season-opening Six Hours of Silverstone in April.
“Stability in the key drivers is a priority for us,” said team manager Bart Hayden. “There was a deep desire from the team and the drivers to continue, it is a logical decision to extend our relationship for the season to come.”
It will mark former F1 ace Heidfeld’s first full season with the team, having contested selected events in the FIA WEC and ALMS over the last two years.
Heidfeld and Beche join Nicolas Prost as confirmed drivers for Rebellion’s two-car LMP1-L effort. Neel Jani, who had been with the team since 2009, has moved to Porsche’s new factory LMP1 program.
The remainder of Rebellion’s lineup will be announced in the coming weeks.
The two Rebellion R-Ones are expected to be joined by a single-car entry from Lotus/Kodewa in the LMP1 Privateer (LMP1-L) category.