- Record Field Set for Australian GT Season Opener
- Sebring Wednesday Notebook
- PHOTOS: Sebring Wednesday Gallery
- Sebring: Still Crazy After All These Years: 1969
- Continental Tire IMSA Spotlight: Pato O’Ward
- 34 Full-Season Entries for 24H Series
- Wilzig Confirmed in Performance Tech Ginetta LMP3
- Davison Rejoins TRG for St. Pete PWC Season Opener
- Norma M30 Tests at Pau Arnos, First Photo Released
- Beaumesnil: “No Mountain to Climb” for DPis in LMP1 Privateer
Larbre Waiting on GM Decision for Corvette GTE-Pro Effort
- Updated: December 6, 2016
Larbre Competition has moved ahead with plans of fielding a GTE-Pro class Corvette C7.R in the FIA World Endurance Championship next year, although is waiting on a final decision from GM for the proposed single-car program.
The French squad, which has entered GTE-Am class Corvettes in recent years, plans to step up to the top GT category in 2017, with the hope of increased factory support from GM and Pratt & Miller.
GM factory driver Ricky Taylor joined the Jack Leconte-led team for the second half of the WEC season, as part of Larbre’s ramped up efforts, which included a dedicated Pratt & Miller engineer.
“The evaluation process for a WEC GTE-Pro program in 2017 is now completed,” Leconte said.
“Over the past three months, the work we have accomplished with the Pratt & Miller engineers, and the experience Ricky Taylor gained in Mexico, Fuji, Shanghai and Bahrain – which will be again on the 2017 calendar – does not leave anything to chance for next year.
“We are now waiting for the decision from the management of General Motors to enter a Corvette in the Pro class, which is very promising for us after six years of partnership with Corvette Racing.”
It’s understood a proposal is in place for Taylor to return to the team, potentially alongside 2016 season-long co-driver Pierre Ragues, although a final decision has not yet been made and is likely dependent on GM’s approval.
Larbre would need to either upgrade its existing Corvette C7.R or purchase an all-new car from GM for the GTE-Pro effort.