- New Porsche 919 Hybrid Breaks Cover
- SIN, Sofia Car Motorsport Confirmed in GT4 Series Return
- Talbot Victorious in Final Albert Park Race
- Manthey Porsche Wins VLN1
- Van Der Linde Declared Race 1 Winner after Post-Race Penalties
- CJ Wilson: “I’m Making Up For Lost Time”
- Revised WEC TV Broadcast Team Announced
- Second GT4 Porsche for RN Vision STS
- Algarve Pro Confirms 24H Le Mans Lineup, SO24! Deal
- Atherton: No Plans to Performance Balance LMP3, MPC Cars
HTP Finalizing Blancpain GT Lineups
- Updated: March 13, 2017
HTP Motorsport is testing several new drivers in this week’s Blancpain GT test at Paul Ricard, as it finalizes its driver lineup for the season ahead.
The German team already announced it would enter four Mercedes-AMG GT3 in the Endurance Cup, and another three in the Sprint Cup.
Reigning overall champion Maxi Buhk was already confirmed in December, his co-champion Dominik Baumann will also be part of the team again.
In addition to Buhk and Baumann, HTP is also testing Franck Perera, Fabian Schiller, Jimmy Eriksson, Damian Faulkner, Mike Skeen and George Richardson this week.
Perera will make the move from ISR Audi, with the Frenchman claimed two pole positions in the Czech Audi last season, while Jimmy Eriksson spent the last two seasons in the GP2 Series.
Schiller, a 19-year-old Silver-rated driver, took the Renault Sport Trophy Endurance and Am title with Marc VDS Racing last year and won the opening round of the Asian Le Mans Series at Fuji.
The German is poised for a complete Blancpain GT Series campaign in the Pro Cup.
One of the Endurance Cup cars will compete in the Pro-Am Cup, with Michael Avenatti and Damian Faulkner set to share that car with either Mike Skeen or George Richardson.
However, Avenatti could not attend the test due to an injury.
The lineup of the No. 48 MANN-FILTER backed Mercedes-AMG GT3 was already revealed last week, with Indy Dontje, Kenneth Heyer and Patrick Assenheimer set to share driving duties in the Endurance Cup only.
The exact composition of the remaining lineups will be finalized after the test days.