- Pier Guidi Puts AF Corse Ferrari on Pole at Monza
- Gutierrez Takes PC Race 2 Win at Barber
- Monza Saturday Notebook
- SMP Ferrari Quickest in Pre Qualifying at Monza
- Inaugural SprintX Champions Mills Rules Out PWC Return
- ISR Audi Tops First Practice at Monza; Strakka McLaren Crashes
- Schiller: “I’m Very Confident With My Decision”
- Koch Dominates in Prototype Challenge Series Return at Barber
- Bleekemolen Reunites with Pappas for SprintX Rounds
- 20 Full-Season Entries for Le Mans Cup
Allied Racing Set for Two-Car GT4 Series Entry
- Updated: March 13, 2017
Allied Racing will enter a pair of Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MRs in the GT4 European Series Northern Cup, with Jan Kasperlik and Tim Stupple confirmed in the first car.
Kasperlik returns to the team, having secured two Am class wins last season split between a BMW M3 GT4 and non-MR-spec Porsche Cayman, en route to second place in the class standings.
He joins Reiter Young Stars graduate Tim Stupple onboard one of the team’s two Porsches. The 19-year-old finished the season ninth overall last year, competing in the RYS Team Holinger KTM X-Bow GT4.
Allied Racing’s second car was set to be campaigned by reigning Daniel Rymes and Pro champion Peter Terting, although Rymes pulled out earlier this month.
The team is therefore evaluating other options for the second entry.
“The fact Rymes pulled out is sad, but where certain doors close, other doors will open,” commented Kasperlik. “We’ll see what the next few weeks will bring.
“Fortunately, in terms of finances we won’t have an issue this season – even without a second car on the grid. So everything is alright and we’re all looking forward to the start of the season in Misano.”