- Pier Guidi Puts AF Corse Ferrari on Pole at Monza
- Gutierrez Takes PC Race 2 Win at Barber
- Monza Saturday Notebook
- SMP Ferrari Quickest in Pre Qualifying at Monza
- Inaugural SprintX Champions Mills Rules Out PWC Return
- ISR Audi Tops First Practice at Monza; Strakka McLaren Crashes
- Schiller: “I’m Very Confident With My Decision”
- Koch Dominates in Prototype Challenge Series Return at Barber
- Bleekemolen Reunites with Pappas for SprintX Rounds
- 20 Full-Season Entries for Le Mans Cup
Maxwell, Mustang GT4 Top CTSC Roar Test
- Updated: January 8, 2017
Scott Maxwell piloted the No. 15 Multimatic Motorsports Ford Mustang GT4 to the top of the combined Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge time sheets with a pace-setting lap in the sixth and final test session of the Roar Before the 24 pre-season test.
The defending GS co-champion clocked in a lap at 1:55.703, 0.216 seconds clear of Brandon Davis in the No. 71 TRG-AMR Aston Martin Vantage GT4. Davis set his time in Session 5 earlier on the third day of the three-day test.
Guy Cosmo put the No. 4 TeamTGM Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR into third with lap of 1:55.929, meaning the top three times in the new-look, GT4-based class were set by three different manufacturers.
Cosmo’s fastest time came in the team’s fully-updated car, which conforms to SRO GT4 specifications.
He also turned laps in the sister No. 46 entry which was running to 2016-specification that has been grandfathered into the 2017 rulebook. Cosmo’s best lap in the No. 46 car was a 1:56.431.
Ramin Abdolvahabi in an Aston Martin and Dylan Murcott in a Porsche rounded out the top-five.
Matt Plumb posted the fastest time for a McLaren 570S GT4 driver in the No. 76 C360R entry with a 1:56.457, which was the 9th fastest lap of the test.
Murillo Racing’s Eric Foss led the way in the ST category, piloting his No. 56 Porsche Cayman to lap of 2:03.765 on Sunday.
Connor Bloum made it a Cayman 1-2 for RS1, 0.473 seconds behind the class leader, with Derek Jones in the No. 73 MINI JCW in third 0.820 seconds behind Foss.
Nine of the top eleven times in ST came in the cooler conditions on Sunday, with Bloum’s lap from the first session of the weekend and Nick Longhi’s sixth-place time in an RS1 Porsche in Session 4 as the only exceptions.
RESULTS: CTSC Roar Before 24 (Combined)