- Buhk, Baumann in Separate HTP Mercedes-AMGs for Sprint Cup
- Monza Monday Notebook
- PHOTOS: Monza Monday Gallery
- Di Grassi, Molina Linked to AF Corse Drives
- Chapman Replaces Fuller in RCIB Ginetta
- Malvern, Jones Return to British GT with Updated GT4 Porsche
- Marcelli Confirmed at R. Ferri for SprintX Rounds
- TDS Reveals Oreca WEC Livery
- Freddie Hunt Moves to GT4 European Series with Brookspeed
- New Porsche 919 Hybrid Breaks Cover
Beche Joins JDC-Miller for Rolex 24; Goikhberg Confirmed for Season
- Updated: December 27, 2016
Mathias Beche will join JDC-Miller Motorsports for next month’s Rolex 24 at Daytona, completing the lineup alongside team regulars Stephen Simpson, Misha Goikhberg and Chris Miller in its new Oreca 07 Gibson.
The 30-year-old Swiss driver, who finished second in this year’s European Le Mans Series LMP2 championship, has been part of the Minnesota-based squad’s initial tests with the 2017-spec LMP2 car, including a recent multi-day run at Sebring.
“Mathias is a great addition for our Daytona lineup and program,” said team co-owner John Church. “He has a lot of experience with ORECA and the car.
“With the team moving to a new class and car, we felt it was important to include someone like him in our testing and Rolex 24 race program. When we found out Mathias was available to join us it was a no brainer from our end to add him to the lineup.
“He will be a great help as we work to get up to speed with the new car.”
Goikhberg, who teamed with Simpson in JDC-Miller’s Prototype Challenge entry this year, meanwhile, has been confirmed as a full-season driver, with Simpson and Miller set to also return, but the extent of each of their programs still to-be-confirmed.
JDC-Miller claimed PC class honors at Daytona this year with Goikhberg, Simpson, Miller and Kenton Koch, although recently revealed it will not continue with its Oreca FLM09 in 2017.