- 24 Cars on CTMP Entry List
- U.S. Customer Interest Growing for Lamborghini Huracán GT3
- IMSA News & Notes, 7.1
- IMSA Finalizing 2016 TUSC Schedule
- Vosse (WRT): “Paul Ricard Was Not What We’d Hoped For Prior to Spa”
- TAYLOR: Watkins Glen Debrief
- Canal To Fill in For Negri at Red Bull Ring
- Continental Tire IMSA Driver Spotlight: Tom Kimber-Smith
- Choose (ADESS AG): “We Believe LMP3 Has a Bright Future”
- TRG-AMR Targeting Return to 24H Le Mans in 2016
Ganassi Confirms Sebring Lineups
- Updated: March 5, 2014
Six of the eight drivers who raced for Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates at the Rolex 24 at Daytona will be back in action for the team at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, the second round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
Marino Franchitti moves over from the No. 02 to the No. 01 Ford EcoBoost-powered Riley, and will race alongside full-season drivers Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas.
Meanwhile two of Ganassi’s four IndyCar drivers, Scott Dixon and Tony Kanaan, will share the sister No. 02 car with up-and-coming teenager Sage Karam, who turns 19 Wednesday.
Karam has actually won a pair of USF2000 series races on Sebring’s full course, as a 15-year-old in 2010.
The No. 02 is committed for the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup, but team principal Chip Ganassi did not confirm the car’s lineup beyond Daytona until now.
At Sebring, the No. 02 will feature partner support from Big Machine Records and Comfort Revolution.
“These partnerships allow us the opportunity to make a strong first impression and perform well in our first-ever trip to Sebring,” said Ganassi president Steve Lauletta. “The 12 hours is a historic race and having two entries with the addition of Tony, Scott, Marino and Sage is a key to us doing that.”
The CGR team underwent a management shakeup since the Rolex 24, and tested both on Sebring’s full and short course in February.