- NGT Withdraws from Petit Le Mans
- Weekend Racing Roundup, 9.29
- Bove (Pirelli WC): “GT Cup Completes the Ladder System”
- Project Brabham Hits Halfway on First Crowdfunding Target
- Skeen Set To Make FIA WEC Debut with AF Corse in Fuji
- Goikhberg: “You Want to Get In And Be Fast Right Away”
- Continental, MLS, Bell Team Up for “What’Cha Got”
- VIDEO: GTE Balance of Performance Explained
- Dürheimer (Bentley): “It’s Our Intention to Grow On a Global Scale”
- VIDEO: In-Car of Tim Bell’s COTA CTSC Crash
Turner Set for BMW Z4 GTD Effort
- Updated: November 20, 2013
Turner Motorsport is set to campaign a BMW Z4 GT3 car in next year’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
Sportscar365 has learned that an announcement is due shortly that will see Paul Dalla Lana pair with a to-be-announced driver in the team’s new GT Daytona entry, which took part in this week’s pre-season testing at Daytona International Speedway.
Dalla Lana was joined behind the wheel of the car by Dane Cameron and Pedro Lamy in the two-day test on the 3.56-mile oval/road course.
The former Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge champion is expected to pull double-duty in the season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona between Turner’s GTD class Z4 and a factory Aston Martin V8 Vantage in GTLM.
Turner debuted its GT3-based Z4 in a private test at Road Atlanta last month and has continued to wait for the GTD technical regulations to be released before making a formal commitment.
It’s understood a second car is probable, although not a likely entry for the Rolex 24.