- VIR Friday Notebook
- PHOTOS: VIR Friday Gallery
- BMW Team RLL, Snow/Dempsey Tops Friday Practice
- Leitzinger Paces Pirelli WC Practice 2 at Sonoma
- Jordan Taylor Takes CTSC Pole at VIR
- Braun, CORE Show Early Pace in PC at VIR
- WRT Audi Fastest in Second Practice at Slovakia Ring
- Riley Planning New LMP2 Car for 2017
- Ihara Joins OAK Team TOTAL for Fuji
- WRT Audi Quickest in Opening Practice at Slovakia Ring
Turner Set for BMW Z4 GTD Effort
- Updated: November 20, 2013
Turner Motorsport is set to campaign a BMW Z4 GT3 car in next year’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
Sportscar365 has learned that an announcement is due shortly that will see Paul Dalla Lana pair with a to-be-announced driver in the team’s new GT Daytona entry, which took part in this week’s pre-season testing at Daytona International Speedway.
Dalla Lana was joined behind the wheel of the car by Dane Cameron and Pedro Lamy in the two-day test on the 3.56-mile oval/road course.
The former Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge champion is expected to pull double-duty in the season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona between Turner’s GTD class Z4 and a factory Aston Martin V8 Vantage in GTLM.
Turner debuted its GT3-based Z4 in a private test at Road Atlanta last month and has continued to wait for the GTD technical regulations to be released before making a formal commitment.
It’s understood a second car is probable, although not a likely entry for the Rolex 24.