- Bonanomi Replaces Kimber-Smith at PR1/Mathiasen for COTA
- Cadillac Yet to Declare Driver Pairings for VIR
- Ford, Ferrari Evaluating Evo Kits for 2018
- Prestige/WTR Confirm Lamborghini ST Driver Lineups
- Double Stint: Monza Recap, Kenton Koch Interview (4.25.17)
- New Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Breaks Cover; Begins Testing Program
- Jacques, Pierre Nicolet Headline Eurasia 24H Le Mans Lineup
- Ginetta Open to Future Evolutions of LMP1 Car
- Johansson Returns to Driving in Scuderia Corsa Ferrari for SprintX
- Morad Joins Dalziel in CRP Mercedes for SprintX
Meyrick Confirms LMP3 Program with Motorsport 98
- Updated: April 3, 2017
Andy Meyrick is set for an LMP3 program in the Michelin Le Mans Cup, having signed with Motorsport 98 to partner team owner Eric de Doncker in the series.
The former Bentley factory driver will drive a Ligier JS P3 Nissan in the Le Mans Cup, which kicks off at Monza in May, alongside a GT4 European Series program with a Bullit Racing-run McLaren 570S GT4.
“I’m really excited about working with Motorsport 98, who are a really well established race team, and it’s great to get behind the wheel of the Ligier JS P3 in the LMP3 series,” Meyrick said.
“Alongside my current drive in the GT4 series, I’m looking forward to varied challenges within the 2017 race calendar.
“Eric has welcomed me to the team and I’m looking forward to pushing the car and seeing what we can achieve together.”
Added de Doncker: “Competing in the Michelin Le Mans Cup should give us several race weekends this season, which brings about a fair amount of work for the Motorsport 98 crew and we can’t wait to get back behind the wheel.
“With Andy’s speed and skills, we have a great team that are ready to race in a different league.
“The pace will be sustained, but the passion of racing in the new Michelin Le Mans Cup is a real boost for everyone and we relish the opportunity.”