- Skeen Storms to SprintX Pole at VIR
- Adam, Johnston Lead TF Sport 1-2 in Rockingham Qualifying
- Courtney Edges Out Jamin for GTS Pole
- AJR Co-Founder Holly Job Passes Away
- Davison Lands Last-Minute Drive in DIME Lamborghini
- Jamin: “Anything I Drive, I Always Want to Win”
- VIDEO: VIR Practice Highlights
- VIR Friday Notebook
- Chase, Gottsacker Confirmed in TRG Porsche for COTA
- Pumpelly Paces Second Practice; Bleekemolen Quickest on Friday
Blomqvist Joins ESM for 6H Shanghai
- Updated: October 20, 2016
BMW DTM driver Tom Blomqvist will join Extreme Speed Motorsports for next month’s Six Hours of Shanghai, rejoining his former F3 teammates in the Jagonya Ayam-backed No. 30 Ligier JS P2 Nissan.
The 22-year-old Brit, son of rally legend Stig Blomqvist, is listed in the LMP2 contender alongside Sean Gelael and Antonio Giovanazzi, who were joined by Giedo Van Der Garde in last weekend’s FIA World Endurance Championship round at Fuji Speedway.
While having spent the last two seasons in DTM Blomqvist will make his WEC debut.
He made his sports car racing debut in last month’s Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup round at the Nürburgring, in a ROWE Racing BMW M6 GT3.
Van der Garde is expected to be back in the car for the season finale in Bahrain.
The No. 30 car is coming off its season-best result of fourth at Fuji, following a strong early run by Giovanazzi, who was named as one of the three drivers to the WEC LMP1 Rookie Test in Bahrain.