- Ginetta Open to Future Evolutions of LMP1 Car
- Johansson Returns to Driving in Scuderia Corsa Ferrari for SprintX
- Morad Joins Dalziel in CRP Mercedes for SprintX
- Autometrics Commits to Full SprintX Season in GT Cup
- Vaxiviere Replaces Berthon at Panis Barthez for Monza
- Henzler to Join Porsche at COTA Ahead of Bruni Arrival
- VIDEO: Monza Race Highlights
- Norma Fastest in Le Mans Cup Test at Portimao
- Grasser Lamborghini Dominates at Monza
- Phoenix Audi Wins N24 Qualifying Race
Buemi Goes Fastest in Opening Practice at Silverstone
- Updated: April 14, 2017
Sebastien Buemi topped the timesheets in the first 90-minute Free Practice session for the FIA World Endurance Championship season-opener at Silverstone on Friday.
The Toyota Gazoo Racing driver reeled off a 1:40.104 early in the session to put the No. 8 Toyota TS050 Hybrid top, before co-drivers Anthony Davidson and Kazuki Nakajima took turns out on track later.
The No. 2 Porsche driven by Brendon Hartley was second overall, 0.781 seconds off the pace, while the No. 7 Toyota was ahead of the No. 1 Porsche, completing the top four.
Vaillante Rebellion led the way in LMP2 with a time of 1:45.913 from its No. 13 Oreca 07 Gibson driven by Mathias Beche, two tenths faster than the No. 28 TDS Racing car.
Aston Martin Racing topped both GTE classes, with the No. 95 Aston Martin Vantage GTE of Richie Stanaway out front in the Pro class, with a time of 1:59.110.
While Stefan Muecke went off track during the session, causing the only full course yellow, the No. 66 Ford GT did hold on for second in the GTE-Pro running, with a lap time set by Billy Johnson.
The No. 98 Aston Martin not only led the way in GTE-Am but Pedro Lamy also went faster than all but one Pro-class cars, with a time just 0.232 seconds slower than the No. 95 car.
Free Practice 2 is scheduled for 4:45 p.m. local time.
RESULTS: Free Practice 1