- British GT Season to Get Underway at Media Day
- 41 Cars Set for ELMS Prologue
- Chinese-Inspired DC Racing Liveries Revealed
- Atherton: IMSA LMP3 Debut “A Home Run”
- Ex Williams Engineer Named Head of Aerodynamics for Ginetta LMP1
- Bradley Completes Graff LMP2 Lineup
- Walsh Wins Opening Race at Albert Park
- Continental Tire IMSA Spotlight: Jeroen Bleekemolen
- SRO to Submit Bid for New FIA GT Pro-Am World Cup Event
- Brands Hatch Extends Blancpain GT Deal Through 2019
Foster Completes Gulf Racing Lineup
- Updated: March 20, 2017
Porsche single-make specialist Nick Foster has completed Gulf Racing’s lineup in the FIA World Endurance Championship, the British team confirmed Monday.
The 2015 Porsche Carrera Cup Australia champion will join Michael Wainwright and Ben Barker, who steps up to a lead role as the Gold-rated driver in the GTE-Am class Porsche 911 RSR.
Wainwright, Barker and Adam Carroll drove the car last year, with Caroll set to focus on his Formula E commitments with Jaguar.
Australian Foster, a Silver-rated driver, is coming off a partial season with Timo Bernhard’s Team 75 Bernhard squad in Porsche Carrera Cup Germany before switching to Konrad Motorsport for the final two rounds.
“To compete in the WEC is a dream come true and in the famous Gulf Racing colors is an absolute honor,” he said.
“I know there are many challenges that lie ahead, but with strong pace and results for the team in 2017 we can look forward to challenging at the front in a very competitive PRO-AM category.”
Team manager Matt Beers added: “Nick is new to the team and the championship but has also proven his pace in the fiercely competitive German Carrera Cup championship as well as the Australian series, he is a great fit to the team and represents our ethos of bringing forward young talent.”
The Gulf entry is one of five cars set to do battle in GTE-Am this year.