- PHOTOS: VIR Weekend Gallery
- No Further Action on SprintX Race 1 Results
- Dalziel, Morad Win SprintX Race 2 Under Yellow
- Team Parker Wins Rockingham as Spirit of Race Penalized
- SprintX Race 1 Results Under Review Due to Timing Error
- Jamin Sweeps GTS Weekend at VIR
- Vanthoor, Sofronas Stripped of GT Pro-Am Class Win in Race 1
- VIR Sunday Notebook
- Spirit of Race Provisionally Wins at Rockingham After Bizarre Ending
- Rockingham Weekend Notebook
Foster Completes Gulf Racing Lineup
- Updated: March 20, 2017
Porsche single-make specialist Nick Foster has completed Gulf Racing’s lineup in the FIA World Endurance Championship, the British team confirmed Monday.
The 2015 Porsche Carrera Cup Australia champion will join Michael Wainwright and Ben Barker, who steps up to a lead role as the Gold-rated driver in the GTE-Am class Porsche 911 RSR.
Wainwright, Barker and Adam Carroll drove the car last year, with Caroll set to focus on his Formula E commitments with Jaguar.
Australian Foster, a Silver-rated driver, is coming off a partial season with Timo Bernhard’s Team 75 Bernhard squad in Porsche Carrera Cup Germany before switching to Konrad Motorsport for the final two rounds.
“To compete in the WEC is a dream come true and in the famous Gulf Racing colors is an absolute honor,” he said.
“I know there are many challenges that lie ahead, but with strong pace and results for the team in 2017 we can look forward to challenging at the front in a very competitive PRO-AM category.”
Team manager Matt Beers added: “Nick is new to the team and the championship but has also proven his pace in the fiercely competitive German Carrera Cup championship as well as the Australian series, he is a great fit to the team and represents our ethos of bringing forward young talent.”
The Gulf entry is one of five cars set to do battle in GTE-Am this year.