- British GT Season to Get Underway at Media Day
- 41 Cars Set for ELMS Prologue
- Chinese-Inspired DC Racing Liveries Revealed
- Atherton: IMSA LMP3 Debut “A Home Run”
- Ex Williams Engineer Named Head of Aerodynamics for Ginetta LMP1
- Bradley Completes Graff LMP2 Lineup
- Walsh Wins Opening Race at Albert Park
- Continental Tire IMSA Spotlight: Jeroen Bleekemolen
- SRO to Submit Bid for New FIA GT Pro-Am World Cup Event
- Brands Hatch Extends Blancpain GT Deal Through 2019
Lynn Completes G-Drive WEC Lineup
- Updated: March 16, 2017
Alex Lynn has been confirmed as the third and final driver in G-Drive Racing’s FIA World Endurance Championship lineup, joining Roman Rusinov and Pierre Thiriet.
The young Brit, who is competing with Wayne Taylor Racing at this weekend’s Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, had been expected to fill the third seat in the No. 26 Oreca 07 Gibson for a while.
The full-season WEC deal adds to an already busy season for the 23-year-old, who will return to WTR for Petit Le Mans in October.
In addition, he will compete in the Nürburgring 24 with BMW in May, and is DS Virgin Racing’s Formula E reserve driver.
“I think it’s fantastic,” he told Sportscar365. “[It’s] a great car, great engineers, great drivers. We’ve got a strong chance at hopefully every race we turn up to.
“Roman is a very great Gold driver, even though he got moved up. From the test, he’s extremely fast, and he’s taken to this new car even more so than any car he’s driven before.
“I’m expecting him to be fast, and Pierre is a very talented Silver. I’m hoping with the three of us combined, it’s going to be a prominent package.
“I’m very excited. I’ve got so many cool races this year, I feel very lucky, and I’m just super excited. I’m enjoying my racing so much this year, and I just fell really happy to be honest.”
Lynn will miss the Nürburgring WEC race in July, due to the date clash with the New York City Formula E round.
John Dagys contributed to this report