- VIDEO: Fichter’s Massive Accident in TC Race
- VIR Saturday Notebook
- TR3 Ferrari Takes Shock Win in Penalty-Affected SprintX Race 1
- Jamin Dominates GTS Race 1 at VIR
- Skeen Storms to SprintX Pole at VIR
- Adam, Johnston Lead TF Sport 1-2 in Rockingham Qualifying
- Courtney Edges Out Jamin for GTS Pole
- AJR Co-Founder Holly Job Passes Away
- Davison Lands Last-Minute Drive in DIME Lamborghini
- Jamin: “Anything I Drive, I Always Want to Win”
Lynn Completes G-Drive WEC Lineup
- Updated: March 16, 2017
Alex Lynn has been confirmed as the third and final driver in G-Drive Racing’s FIA World Endurance Championship lineup, joining Roman Rusinov and Pierre Thiriet.
The young Brit, who is competing with Wayne Taylor Racing at this weekend’s Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, had been expected to fill the third seat in the No. 26 Oreca 07 Gibson for a while.
The full-season WEC deal adds to an already busy season for the 23-year-old, who will return to WTR for Petit Le Mans in October.
In addition, he will compete in the Nürburgring 24 with BMW in May, and is DS Virgin Racing’s Formula E reserve driver.
“I think it’s fantastic,” he told Sportscar365. “[It’s] a great car, great engineers, great drivers. We’ve got a strong chance at hopefully every race we turn up to.
“Roman is a very great Gold driver, even though he got moved up. From the test, he’s extremely fast, and he’s taken to this new car even more so than any car he’s driven before.
“I’m expecting him to be fast, and Pierre is a very talented Silver. I’m hoping with the three of us combined, it’s going to be a prominent package.
“I’m very excited. I’ve got so many cool races this year, I feel very lucky, and I’m just super excited. I’m enjoying my racing so much this year, and I just fell really happy to be honest.”
Lynn will miss the Nürburgring WEC race in July, due to the date clash with the New York City Formula E round.
John Dagys contributed to this report