- PHOTOS: VIR Weekend Gallery
- No Further Action on SprintX Race 1 Results
- Dalziel, Morad Win SprintX Race 2 Under Yellow
- Team Parker Wins Rockingham as Spirit of Race Penalized
- SprintX Race 1 Results Under Review Due to Timing Error
- Jamin Sweeps GTS Weekend at VIR
- Vanthoor, Sofronas Stripped of GT Pro-Am Class Win in Race 1
- VIR Sunday Notebook
- Spirit of Race Provisionally Wins at Rockingham After Bizarre Ending
- Rockingham Weekend Notebook
Toyota Quickest Again in FP3
- Updated: April 15, 2017
Toyota Gazoo Racing was quickest again in Saturday’s Free Practice 3, with Anthony Davidson setting the fastest time heading into qualifying for tomorrow’s FIA World Endurance Championship Six Hours of Silverstone.
It took a while before the first competitive times showed up on the timing screens, as the 60-minute session started off on a damp track.
The No. 8 Toyota TS050 Hybrid topped every session so far this weekend, although Davidson’s 1:39.476 lap time was still 1.266 seconds slower then Kazuki Nakajima’s time in Free Practice 2 yesterday.
Neel Jani in the No. 1 Porsche 919 Hybrid reeled off a 1:40.223 to end the session in P2, followed by the sister No. 2 Porsche a further two tenths behind.
The No. 7 Toyota TS050 Hybrid suffered ECU troubles before it could even head out, with Mike Conway taking the car to the track 25 minutes into the session and Jose Maria Lopez still posting a competitive time later on.
Matthieu Vaxiviere in the No. 28 TDS Racing Oreca 07 Gibson led the way in LMP2 with a 1:44.105 lap time, ahead of the No. 26 G-Drive Racing and No. 38 Jackie Chan DC Racing Orecas.
Ford Chip Ganassi Racing took a 1-2 in GTE-Pro, followed by both AF Corse Ferrari 488 GTEs.
The No. 98 AMR Aston Martin Vantage GTE was quickest in GTE-Am, but suffered a setback at the end of the session when Lopez made contact with Paul Dalla Lana while overtaking him around the outside of Luffield.
The coming together resulted in a broken wheel and a puncture for the Aston Martin, while Lopez was reported to the stewards for dangerous driving.
RESULTS: Free Practice 3