- Rockingham Weekend Notebook
- VIDEO: Fichter’s Massive Accident in TC Race
- VIR Saturday Notebook
- TR3 Ferrari Takes Shock Win in Penalty-Affected SprintX Race 1
- Jamin Dominates GTS Race 1 at VIR
- Skeen Storms to SprintX Pole at VIR
- Adam, Johnston Lead TF Sport 1-2 in Rockingham Qualifying
- Courtney Edges Out Jamin for GTS Pole
- AJR Co-Founder Holly Job Passes Away
- Davison Lands Last-Minute Drive in DIME Lamborghini
Vergne Joins Manor Lineup
- Updated: March 17, 2017
Ex-Formula One driver Jean-Eric Vergne has been confirmed as the fifth driver in CEFC Manor TRS Racing’s LMP2 lineup in the FIA World Endurance Championship, the team confirmed on Friday.
The 26-year-old Frenchman joins the previously announced Roberto Gonzalez, Tor Graves Simon Trummer and Jonathan Hirschi in the two-car Oreca 07 Gibson lineup.
Driver pairings have yet to be confirmed.
It will mark Vergne’s full-time sports car racing debut, after making one-off races in recent years.
“Endurance racing and especially the 24 Hours of Le Mans is something that has been more and more on my mind lately,” he said.
“I couldn’t ask for more than to start this experience with such a great team.”
Manor President and Sporting Director Graeme Lowdown added: “He is a very talented driver that we have followed over the years as we have raced alongside him in Formula 1.
“We are really looking forward to starting the season and working together with Jean-Éric and I hope that, together, we will have a really successful year.”
Vergne could be forced to miss the Nürburgring round due to his Formula E commitments with the Techeetah team, due to the double-header in New York City falling on the same weekend.