- Bonanomi Replaces Kimber-Smith at PR1/Mathiasen for COTA
- Cadillac Yet to Declare Driver Pairings for VIR
- Ford, Ferrari Evaluating Evo Kits for 2018
- Prestige/WTR Confirm Lamborghini ST Driver Lineups
- Double Stint: Monza Recap, Kenton Koch Interview (4.25.17)
- New Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Breaks Cover; Begins Testing Program
- Jacques, Pierre Nicolet Headline Eurasia 24H Le Mans Lineup
- Ginetta Open to Future Evolutions of LMP1 Car
- Johansson Returns to Driving in Scuderia Corsa Ferrari for SprintX
- Morad Joins Dalziel in CRP Mercedes for SprintX
Schnitzer to Run Retro BMW Livery at N24
- Updated: April 20, 2017
BMW Team Schnitzer’s return to the Nürburgring 24 will be marked with a retro livery celebrating its first victory in the iconic twice-around-the-clock German endurance classic.
The German squad reveled Thursday the colors for its No. 43 BMW M6 GT3, to will be driven by Augusto Farfus, Antonio Felix da Costa, Timo Scheider and Alex Lynn, which will sport the same livery that was on the team’s N24-winning BMW M3 E30 in 1989.
Schnitzer has a total of four overall victories in the race, the most recent coming in 2010 with the BMW M3 GT2.
“The historic livery on the BMW M6 GT3 is a nice throw-back to our first victory – one we are very proud of,” said team boss Charly Lamm.
“The stripes in the classic BMW Motorsport colors, in particular, evoke a lot of memories among the many BMW fans in the Eifel region and give us extra motivation to do everything in our power to get a good result on our return to the Nordschleife.”
Reigning DTM champion Marco Wittmann will be joined by fellow DTM drivers Augusto Farfus and Tom Blomqvist in the sister Schnitzer BMW for next month’s race, which will feature more than 20 factory drivers spread across multiple teams.