- PHOTOS: Sebring Test Gallery
- Sebring Friday Notebook
- Taylor Ends Sebring Test On Top
- Montoya: “Time Will Tell” On Sports Car Future
- Wendl Named New Mercedes-AMG Motorsport Customer Racing Boss
- VIDEO: Michelin GTLM Track to Street Showdown
- Porsche Completes First Test With 2017-Spec 919 Hybrid
- P1 Motorsports Confirms Ligier JS P3 for Perez
- Sebring Thursday Notebook
- Ford Planning Three-Car Effort for 12H Sebring
Buhk to Return to Mercedes-AMG, HTP in Title Defense
- Updated: December 23, 2016
Maxi Buhk will defend his Blancpain GT Series title with Mercedes-AMG and HTP Motorsport, with the 24-year-old German having been confirmed for a full-season effort again next year with HTP Motorsport.
Buhk teamed with Dominik Baumann for the overall championship, in his and the team’s return to Mercedes-AMG after a one-year stint with Bentley in 2015.
In addition to the ten-round Blancpain GT season, Buhk will also contest the Nüburgring 24 and selected VLN races.
“It is always nice to know towards the end of the year where you will be racing the coming season,” Buhk said. “I am highly motivated to defend our championship titles.
“At the same time, it is my goal to confirm both the teams and my achievements with the Mercedes-AMG GT3 and repeat the successes. The competitors will be strong and will have developed over the winter.
“It will not be an easy year, because the competitiveness was already very high in 2016. Therefore, we are even more motivated, to take the title again.”
HTP will kick off its 2017 season with confirmed entries in the Hankook 24 Hours of Dubai and Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour, although not expected to feature Buhk in either events.