- Jamin Dominates GTS Race 1 at VIR
- Skeen Storms to SprintX Pole at VIR
- Adam, Johnston Lead TF Sport 1-2 in Rockingham Qualifying
- Courtney Edges Out Jamin for GTS Pole
- AJR Co-Founder Holly Job Passes Away
- Davison Lands Last-Minute Drive in DIME Lamborghini
- Jamin: “Anything I Drive, I Always Want to Win”
- VIDEO: VIR Practice Highlights
- VIR Friday Notebook
- Chase, Gottsacker Confirmed in TRG Porsche for COTA
Phillips Joins Macmillan Racing in GT4 Aston
- Updated: December 7, 2016
William Phillips will make the switch from RCIB Insurance Racing to Macmillan Racing for the 2017 British GT Championship, in the team’s Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4.
The 22-year-old Buckinghamshire-based driver formed part of RCIB Insurance Racing’s GT4 teams’ championship-winning lineup in 2016, partnering Jordan Stilp in a Ginetta G55 GT4.
Phillips has already tested Macmillan’s Aston Martin, which took two class podiums this season at the hands of Matty Graham and Jack Mitchell.
“I’m really excited to be joining Macmillan Racing,” he said. “I’ve enjoyed testing the Aston Martin and I immediately felt at home with the team. I’m convinced that we’re going to be a very good fit.
“I feel very comfortable in the Aston Martin. It’s a great all-round car and is very well-engineered. I believe I have what it takes, within my own capabilities – and with the team’s efforts – to achieve some great results next season. Macmillan Racing had a really strong debut season in 2016 and, together, I think we can really go places.
“This year I managed to post a couple of podium finishes, as did the Macmillan boys. We’re all targeting race wins in 2017 and – who knows – if we hit our stride strongly enough, a run at the title!”
This announcement fills two of Macmillan Racing’s four British GT seats for 2017, with Mitchell already confirmed as one of the GT3 drivers for the team’s expansion to the top class.