- Be Motorsport Confirms Ligier for Le Mans Cup
- Potter: “I Find Myself Reinvigorated for 2017”
- 2017 WEC Silly Season Update 2: GTE-Pro & GTE-Am
- Morgan, Baldwin Join PWC in Class Manager Roles
- VIDEO: Lexus Road to Daytona: Episode 1
- Bathurst 12H Grid Nearly Finalized
- 55 Entries for Rolex 24 at Daytona
- Novak Named New CTSC Race Director
- Turner Commits to Daytona; Confirms Rolex 24 Lineup
- Phoenix Confirms Audis for Blancpain GT Asia
RCIB Insurance Racing Confirms First 2017 British GT4 Driver Pairing
- Updated: January 4, 2017
Autoaid/RCIB Insurance Racing has announced Howard Fuller and Sam Webster in one of its Ginetta G55 GT4s for the 2017 British GT Championship.
The Team HARD-led program has chosen a new lineup in its first GT4 car for 2017, but Fuller is no stranger to the team having previously raced with the Kent-based squad in the British Touring Car Championship.
He will be joined by Webster, who made his series debut at Donington Park in 2016 with Fox Motorsport. The 20-year-old also has several GT Cup race wins to his name.
“After getting a feel of the car and a taste of what British GT is all about, I am very excited to press on with the new year and get out on the track,” said Fuller.
“Racing is a long passion of mine and I’m pleased that I can continue working with [team boss] Tony Gilham after so many years working with him and the team through VW Cup and BTCC.
“It’s just a bonus that we share the same passion and have built a great working and personal relationship over the years.”
Added Webster: “Having had a taste of what British GT is all about last year at the last round, I can’t wait to get started this season in my first full season of car racing.
“I know just how tough the task ahead will be but I am confident in my abilities as well as Howard’s and Team HARD’s.”
The team is expected to make further driver announcements in the coming weeks.