- Bonanomi Replaces Kimber-Smith at PR1/Mathiasen for COTA
- Cadillac Yet to Declare Driver Pairings for VIR
- Ford, Ferrari Evaluating Evo Kits for 2018
- Prestige/WTR Confirm Lamborghini ST Driver Lineups
- Double Stint: Monza Recap, Kenton Koch Interview (4.25.17)
- New Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Breaks Cover; Begins Testing Program
- Jacques, Pierre Nicolet Headline Eurasia 24H Le Mans Lineup
- Ginetta Open to Future Evolutions of LMP1 Car
- Johansson Returns to Driving in Scuderia Corsa Ferrari for SprintX
- Morad Joins Dalziel in CRP Mercedes for SprintX
30 Cars for GT4 Series Southern Cup Opener
- Updated: April 7, 2017
Thirty cars are set to make up the grid for the first round of the GT4 European Series Southern Cup next weekend for the opening round at Nogaro.
The Northern Cup got underway earlier this month at Misano, but Nogaro will be the first round of the primarily French-based Southern Cup.
ENTRY LIST: Nogaro
While the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR contingent does account for almost half of the field, there are seven chassis represented on the provisional entry list, which was released on Friday.
Fourteen Porsches will be present, entered by the likes of CD Sport, IMSA Performance, Martinet by Almeras, Racing Technology, Riviera Motorsport, Sainteloc Racing, TFT Racing and Vic Team.
ART Grand Prix will also enter a Porsche under the Energy by ART banner, while also fielding the series’ only McLaren 570S GT4.
The second most popular car in the field is the nationally homologated Ginetta G55 GT4, of which eight will take part at Nogaro.
CMR will field four of these alongside a Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4, while Speed Car enters three and Vic Team one.
GP 34 by Gemo Motorsport will enter the other Maserati, while GenerationAMR by SuperRacing and Street Art Racing are both set to race an Aston Martin Vantage GT4.
Three BMWs round out the Nogaro entry, as L’Espace Bienvenue enters a BMW M3 GT4 and BMW Team France races a pair of Ekris Motorsport-prepared EKRIS M4 GT4s.
Two Free Practice sessions are scheduled for Saturday, April 15, with qualifying on Sunday, April 16. Race 1 will take place that evening, with Race 2 on Easter Monday.