- Bonanomi Replaces Kimber-Smith at PR1/Mathiasen for COTA
- Cadillac Yet to Declare Driver Pairings for VIR
- Ford, Ferrari Evaluating Evo Kits for 2018
- Prestige/WTR Confirm Lamborghini ST Driver Lineups
- Double Stint: Monza Recap, Kenton Koch Interview (4.25.17)
- New Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Breaks Cover; Begins Testing Program
- Jacques, Pierre Nicolet Headline Eurasia 24H Le Mans Lineup
- Ginetta Open to Future Evolutions of LMP1 Car
- Johansson Returns to Driving in Scuderia Corsa Ferrari for SprintX
- Morad Joins Dalziel in CRP Mercedes for SprintX
Bleekemolen Reunites with Pappas for SprintX Rounds
- Updated: April 21, 2017
Jeroen Bleekemolen will make his return to Black Swan Racing, with the Dutchman having been confirmed alongside team owner/driver Tim Pappas for the Pirelli World Challenge SprintX races, beginning with next weekend’s season opener at Virginia International Raceway.
The two-driver SprintX formula brings together another championship-winning pairing, as Pappas and Bleekemolen teamed to win the 2010-11 American Le Mans Series GTC titles, in a Black Swan-entered Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car.
In fact, it was Pappas’ Nevada-based organization that gave Bleekemolen his first full-season ride in the U.S. in 2010.
“It’s great to be back with Black Swan Racing,” Bleekemolen said. “The SprintX championship is a unique approach to multi-driver racing, and it should be interesting to compete in an all-out sprint.
“The Mercedes-AMG GT3 has repeatedly proven to be a great car in categories all over the world, and we hope to have the same success here.
“I really appreciate the opportunity from Tim and the whole team, they played an instrumental role in beginning my U.S. career.”
Bleekemolen has extensive experience and success with the Mercedes-AMG GT3, most recently having claimed GT Daytona class victory at the Twelve Hours of Sebring in a Riley Motorsports-run Mercedes.
“It’s great to have Jeroen back with us,” Pappas said. “The SprintX format give us a unique opportunity to bring in a second driver for an all-out push to the finish, and Jeroen couldn’t be a better fit.
“Not only did many of our greatest accomplishments come with him joining us, but he’s had a lot of experience with the car and should be able to provide valuable insight.
“We’re all very glad to see him return, and hopefully we can add another chapter of success to the team.”