- PHOTOS: VIR Weekend Gallery
- No Further Action on SprintX Race 1 Results
- Dalziel, Morad Win SprintX Race 2 Under Yellow
- Team Parker Wins Rockingham as Spirit of Race Penalized
- SprintX Race 1 Results Under Review Due to Timing Error
- Jamin Sweeps GTS Weekend at VIR
- Vanthoor, Sofronas Stripped of GT Pro-Am Class Win in Race 1
- VIR Sunday Notebook
- Spirit of Race Provisionally Wins at Rockingham After Bizarre Ending
- Rockingham Weekend Notebook
GAINSCO/BSR Adds Utah SprintX Round
- Updated: April 10, 2017
GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing has added the Pirelli World Challenge SprintX round at Utah Motorsports Campus to its schedule this year, in conjunction with GAINSCO’s expansion into the local market.
The team’s longtime driver Jon Fogarty said the plan is now to field a Pro-Pro class lineup in a pair of SprintX events in markets that benefit team and sponsor both.
“Originally the plan was only the Sprint series and then COTA for SprintX because that’s the most important market for GAINSCO,” Fogarty told Sportscar365. “The corporate headquarters are in Dallas.
“Strategically for GAINSCO marketing, we want to go to COTA. GAINSCO is moving into Utah later in the year so we’re going to do [Utah Motorsports Campus] as well. The GAINSCO marketing department feels like they can meet their marketing objectives.”
Fogarty started the season with finishes of 12th and 22nd at St. Petersburg, and followed that up with a 9th place result in last weekend’s race at Long Beach.
The Californian indicated he was excited about the prospects of contesting additional races as the team continues to come to grips with its Porsche 911 GT3 R.
“Obviously a truncated season is difficult, you want to stay in the flow as much as possible, so I was hopeful that we’d do more races and we’ve added one to the calendar and hopefully maybe some more,” Fogarty said.