- Rockingham Weekend Notebook
- VIDEO: Fichter’s Massive Accident in TC Race
- VIR Saturday Notebook
- TR3 Ferrari Takes Shock Win in Penalty-Affected SprintX Race 1
- Jamin Dominates GTS Race 1 at VIR
- Skeen Storms to SprintX Pole at VIR
- Adam, Johnston Lead TF Sport 1-2 in Rockingham Qualifying
- Courtney Edges Out Jamin for GTS Pole
- AJR Co-Founder Holly Job Passes Away
- Davison Lands Last-Minute Drive in DIME Lamborghini
Magnus Confirms Seefried for SprintX
- Updated: March 17, 2017
Marco Seefried has been confirmed at Magnus Racing for the majority of the Pirelli World Challenge SprintX season, rejoining team owner/driver John Potter in the team’s No. 44 Audi R8 LMS car.
The German will return to the same car that he and Potter scored class victory in the 2016 Rolex 24 at Daytona and a podium finish in the Twelve Hours of Sebring.
“It’s great to re-team with Marco for the SprintX rounds,” Potter said. “Over time he’s become an instrumental part of our program, and as teammates we have a really well established working history together.
“We really appreciate his willingness to re-join, and I look forward to working with him to fight for class wins.”
Seefried will contest all SprintX rounds except Lime Rock Park, which clashes with his already confirmed Nürburgring 24 program.
“I’m extremely happy we were able to make this work,” Seefried said. “Magnus has been such a great part of my career, and the SprintX races should be a unique opportunity to just drive flat out.
“So many of my greatest victories have been with this team, and hopefully we can continue that in the Pirelli World Challenge.”
The pairing’s first race will come at Virginia International Raceway next month, with Potter set for the second round of the season at Long Beach, a Sprint event, prior to that.