After narrowly missing out on a podium finish in its team debut in 2013, Dempsey Racing is planning to return to the 24 Hours of Le Mans this year.
Sportscar365 has learned that the Patrick Dempsey and Joe Foster-owned squad is preparing a comeback to the twice-around-the-clock French endurance classic, in a near identical capacity from last year.
“We definitely want to go and be there,” Dempsey told Sportscar365. “We just have to put our entry in. As soon as we write the check and get out of [Daytona], we’ll be doing that. Hopefully we’ll get to go back.”
Dempsey confirmed the team is planning to again join forces with German outfit Proton Competition, which would campaign the same 2012-spec Porsche 911 GT3 RSR that took Dempsey, Foster and Patrick Long to a fourth place finish in the GTE-Am class.
The team’s complete lineup is not yet finalized, although Dempsey said he hopes to have Porsche factory driver Long return to the wheel. Both Dempsey and Foster are Bronze-rated drivers by the ACO, which fulfills the Pro-Am requirement in the newly re-classified category.
Confirmation of Dempsey’s program is subject to an entry from the ACO. The request deadline is Thursday, with list of selected entries set to be unveiled on Feb. 13 in Paris.