- PHOTOS: Road Atlanta Wednesday Gallery
- Michael Shank Racing Exploring 2015 Prototype Options
- IMSA Radio Launches in 2015 with Creamer, Hindhaugh, Shaw
- SRT Shuffles Driver Lineup in GTLM Title Bid
- CTSC Titles On the Line at Road Atlanta
- Scrogham (GB Autosport): “I’ve Seen Petit Le Mans Change Over Time”
- VIDEO: Petit Le Mans Preview
- Davison OK After GS Testing Accident at Road Atlanta
- Continental Tire IMSA Driver Spotlight: Robin Liddell
- Jochen Mass Named Grand Marshal for 2015 Rolex 24
AF Corse Enters Three Ferraris for BES
- Updated: January 31, 2014
AF Corse will return to the Blancpain Endurance Series in 2014 as it once again enters three customer Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 cars in the most successful GT3 series at the moment.
The Italian squad, led by Amato Ferrari, will continue to field two cars in the Gentlemen Trophy for the same driver pairings as last year; Filipe Barreiros, Peter Mann and Francisco Guedes will take the wheel of the No. 51 Ferrari, while Howard Blank, Yannick Mallegol and Jean-Marc Bachelier will again team up in the No. 49 car.
A third 458 Italia GT3 (No. 50) is entered in the Pro-Am Cup, although it’s line-up has not been confirmed yet. Over the past two seasons this car was crewed by Dutchman Niek Hommerson and Belgian driver Louis Machiels. They took the title in 2012 and were runner-up in the Pro-Am category last season. It’s not clear yet whether the duo will return in 2014.
AF Corse will also continue to provide technical support to Team Ukraine, which will ramp up its efforts in 2014 by fielding a second Ferrari 458 Italia GT3, with driver line-ups still to be finalized.
“We are proud of taking part once again in the Blancpain GT series,” Ferrari said. The enthusiasm of our drivers is proof of the success of the championship. The large number of participants and the high level of the teams involved is always a challenge and pushes us to excel and continuously improve our results.”