- Estoril Weekend Notebook
- Lapierre Takes DragonSpeed to Third Pole of Season at Estoril
- Lapierre Quickest in Wet FP2 at Estoril
- Continental Tire IMSA Spotlight: Jeff Braun
- IMSA Renames Prototype Challenge Classes
- Beche Tops Free Practice 1 at Estoril
- 2017 IMSA Silly Season Update: GT Le Mans
- Magny-Cours Confirmed as 24H Proto Series Season Opener
- Inside the Michelin Challenge Design “Le Mans 2030” Selection Process
- Michelin Challenge Design “Le Mans 2030” Winners Announced
AF Corse Enters Three Ferraris for BES
- Updated: January 31, 2014
AF Corse will return to the Blancpain Endurance Series in 2014 as it once again enters three customer Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 cars in the most successful GT3 series at the moment.
The Italian squad, led by Amato Ferrari, will continue to field two cars in the Gentlemen Trophy for the same driver pairings as last year; Filipe Barreiros, Peter Mann and Francisco Guedes will take the wheel of the No. 51 Ferrari, while Howard Blank, Yannick Mallegol and Jean-Marc Bachelier will again team up in the No. 49 car.
A third 458 Italia GT3 (No. 50) is entered in the Pro-Am Cup, although it’s line-up has not been confirmed yet. Over the past two seasons this car was crewed by Dutchman Niek Hommerson and Belgian driver Louis Machiels. They took the title in 2012 and were runner-up in the Pro-Am category last season. It’s not clear yet whether the duo will return in 2014.
AF Corse will also continue to provide technical support to Team Ukraine, which will ramp up its efforts in 2014 by fielding a second Ferrari 458 Italia GT3, with driver line-ups still to be finalized.
“We are proud of taking part once again in the Blancpain GT series,” Ferrari said. The enthusiasm of our drivers is proof of the success of the championship. The large number of participants and the high level of the teams involved is always a challenge and pushes us to excel and continuously improve our results.”