- 24 Cars on CTMP Entry List
- U.S. Customer Interest Growing for Lamborghini Huracán GT3
- IMSA News & Notes, 7.1
- IMSA Finalizing 2016 TUSC Schedule
- Vosse (WRT): “Paul Ricard Was Not What We’d Hoped For Prior to Spa”
- TAYLOR: Watkins Glen Debrief
- Canal To Fill in For Negri at Red Bull Ring
- Continental Tire IMSA Driver Spotlight: Tom Kimber-Smith
- Choose (ADESS AG): “We Believe LMP3 Has a Bright Future”
- TRG-AMR Targeting Return to 24H Le Mans in 2016
Balzan Joins Scuderia Villorba Corse for Zandvoort
- Updated: June 27, 2014
Alessandro Balzan will replace Andrea Montermini at Scuderia Villorba Corse for next weekend’s Blancpain Sprint Series round at Zandvoort.
A clash of dates between the Dutch round of the Blancpain Sprint Series and the International GT Open series at the Hungaroring means Montermini will be racing in Hungary. Together with Niccolò Schirò Montermini is the current championship leader in International GT Open.
Balzan will join Villorba Corse’s regular driver Filip Salaquarda in the No. 90 Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 and will also contest the Blancpain rounds in the Algarve and at Zolder, as Montermini has GT Open commitments on those weekends as well.
“I am delighted with this agreement. Although it is only their first year in GT3, Amadio and his team have already shown their skills to work at the highest levels,” said Balzan.
“Blancpain Sprint Series is a very tough championship, we need to be competitive right from the start. I will have the opportunity to race on a track and with a car-tire package that I got to know. This could represent a good advantage.”
Scuderia Villorba Corse’s Team Principal Raimondo Amadio is happy with the solution. “It is nice to welcome Alessandro in the team. We will try to put him at ease in the Blancpain Sprint Series.”
“I have always appreciated his skills and speed. He proved to be fast in every conditions and on any kind of car. I’m sure that together with Filip they will form a competitive pair who will bring us great results.”