- NIELSEN: Spa Debrief
- SprintX Entry Doubles in Size for Season Finale at Monterey
- Continental Tire IMSA Spotlight: Renger van der Zande
- Webber Showcases Porsche 919 Hybrid on Streets of London
- Beaumesnil: More GTE Manufacturers On The Way
- Double Stint: Spa Recap; Elton Julian Interview (9.27.16)
- Franchitti Out at Ford for Remainder of Season
- BMW Confirms WEC GTE-Pro Program for 2018
- First McLaren 570S GT4 for PWC Confirmed
- DXDT Enters Two Lamborghini Super Trofeo Cars for SprintX at Monterey
Balzan Joins Scuderia Villorba Corse for Zandvoort
- Updated: June 27, 2014
Alessandro Balzan will replace Andrea Montermini at Scuderia Villorba Corse for next weekend’s Blancpain Sprint Series round at Zandvoort.
A clash of dates between the Dutch round of the Blancpain Sprint Series and the International GT Open series at the Hungaroring means Montermini will be racing in Hungary. Together with Niccolò Schirò Montermini is the current championship leader in International GT Open.
Balzan will join Villorba Corse’s regular driver Filip Salaquarda in the No. 90 Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 and will also contest the Blancpain rounds in the Algarve and at Zolder, as Montermini has GT Open commitments on those weekends as well.
“I am delighted with this agreement. Although it is only their first year in GT3, Amadio and his team have already shown their skills to work at the highest levels,” said Balzan.
“Blancpain Sprint Series is a very tough championship, we need to be competitive right from the start. I will have the opportunity to race on a track and with a car-tire package that I got to know. This could represent a good advantage.”
Scuderia Villorba Corse’s Team Principal Raimondo Amadio is happy with the solution. “It is nice to welcome Alessandro in the team. We will try to put him at ease in the Blancpain Sprint Series.”
“I have always appreciated his skills and speed. He proved to be fast in every conditions and on any kind of car. I’m sure that together with Filip they will form a competitive pair who will bring us great results.”