- Ex-Factory Dodge Viper GTS-Rs Possible for ELMS in 2015
- Motionsport Returns to Bathurst 12H with Aston Martin
- Thiriet by TDS Puts Ligier JS P2 Nissan Up for Sale
- Inside SpeedSource: Facility
- PHOTOS: SpeedSource Facility
- Walmsley (Strakka): “We’re Confident with Development Status of Car”
- Riley Moving Forward with Viper GTD Program
- Bueno (BMW Team Brasil): “We Want to Fight for Victory in 2015”
- Kelly Moss Expands into PWC, Set for Three-Car GT Cup Entry in 2015
- BimmerWorld Confirms Two-Car BMW 328S Effort for 2015
Balzan Joins Scuderia Villorba Corse for Zandvoort
- Updated: June 27, 2014
Alessandro Balzan will replace Andrea Montermini at Scuderia Villorba Corse for next weekend’s Blancpain Sprint Series round at Zandvoort.
A clash of dates between the Dutch round of the Blancpain Sprint Series and the International GT Open series at the Hungaroring means Montermini will be racing in Hungary. Together with Niccolò Schirò Montermini is the current championship leader in International GT Open.
Balzan will join Villorba Corse’s regular driver Filip Salaquarda in the No. 90 Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 and will also contest the Blancpain rounds in the Algarve and at Zolder, as Montermini has GT Open commitments on those weekends as well.
“I am delighted with this agreement. Although it is only their first year in GT3, Amadio and his team have already shown their skills to work at the highest levels,” said Balzan.
“Blancpain Sprint Series is a very tough championship, we need to be competitive right from the start. I will have the opportunity to race on a track and with a car-tire package that I got to know. This could represent a good advantage.”
Scuderia Villorba Corse’s Team Principal Raimondo Amadio is happy with the solution. “It is nice to welcome Alessandro in the team. We will try to put him at ease in the Blancpain Sprint Series.”
“I have always appreciated his skills and speed. He proved to be fast in every conditions and on any kind of car. I’m sure that together with Filip they will form a competitive pair who will bring us great results.”