- Van Der Linde Declared Race 1 Winner after Post-Race Penalties
- CJ Wilson: “I’m Making Up For Lost Time”
- Revised WEC TV Broadcast Team Announced
- Second GT4 Porsche for RN Vision STS
- Algarve Pro Confirms 24H Le Mans Lineup, SO24! Deal
- Atherton: No Plans to Performance Balance LMP3, MPC Cars
- Quaife, Case Confirmed in AF Corse Ferrari for Sprint Cup
- BMW Team France Confirms Two-Car Entry for GT4 Southern Cup
- Lago Wins Race 2 at Albert Park
- Tony Quinn Makes 100th Australian GT Start
Alegra Set for 12H Sebring with Riley-BMW DP
- Updated: February 25, 2016
Alegra Motorsports will return to top-level IMSA competition, having confirmed plans to enter its newly acquired Riley-BMW DP in next month’s Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.
The Florida-based team, led by Carlos de Quesada, is testing the ex-Starworks Motorsport DP this week at Sebring in preparation for the second round of the Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup.
“We decided late last year and were able to work out a deal for the Starworks car,” de Quesada told Sportscar365. “We wanted to try and set up an effort to run the endurance championship. We were trying to get it ready for Daytona but it didn’t work out.
“So we’re here at the test right now, working hard. We are planning to run in the 12 Hours.”
De Quesada, a former Rolex 24 class winner, is sharing testing duties with former Red Bull junior driver Daniel Morad and Billy Johnson.
Morad drove for the team in last year’s IMSA Porsche GT3 Cup Canada series, where Alegra fielded four entries.
“We’re still trying to decide the final lineup [for the race],” de Quesada said. “We’ll see what happens. That’s why we’re here for testing.
“[I’ll] probably be in the car. It’s been a while so I want to make sure I’m up to pace with this. If everything’s good I’ll be in the car.”
Adam Saal contributed to this report