- Ford Drivers Celebrate Daytona Wins in Dearborn
- Monza Wednesday Notebook
- Pla, IDEC Sport Fastest in ELMS Prologue
- 35 Entries for Long Beach
- Continental Tire IMSA Spotlight: Brent O’Neill
- O’Young Joins Li in Craft-Bamboo Porsche
- COTA Completes Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge USA Schedule
- Graff Oreca on Top After Opening Day of ELMS Prologue
- Monza Tuesday Notebook
- Team Parker Bentley Sets Pace at Media Day
Kanaan Confirmed in Four-Car Ford GT Lineup for Rolex 24
- Updated: December 23, 2016
Tony Kanaan will make his debut at the wheel of a Ford GT in next month’s Rolex 24 at Daytona, with the former Indianapolis 500 and Rolex 24 overall winner confirmed as part of Chip Ganassi Racing’s four-car Ford GT lineup for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season-opener.
The 41-year-old Brazilian will join the team’s FIA World Endurance Championship regulars Andy Priaulx and Harry Tincknell in the No. 69 Ford in the Florida endurance classic, making up one of Ford’s three-driver lineups in the GT Le Mans class.
Fellow IndyCar ace Scott Dixon will return to the No. 67 Ford alongside full-season WeatherTech Championship drivers Ryan Briscoe and Richard Westbrook, with the 24 Hours of Le Mans GTE-Pro class-winning trio of Joey Hand, Dirk Mueller and Sebastien Bourdais being reunited in the No. 66 car.
2016 Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge GS class champion Billy Johnson, meanwhile, will make his first start in a Ford GT since Le Mans, teaming back up with WEC drivers Stefan Muecke and Olivier Pla in the No. 68 car.
For the first time in recent memory, neither of Ganassi’s NASCAR stars Jamie McMurray and Kyle Larson will be taking part in the Rolex 24, with Ford and Ganassi utilizing its full-season drivers or IndyCar talent instead for the expanded four-car factory effort for Daytona.
Ford’s Rolex 24 Driver Lineups:
No. 66 Ford:
No. 67 Ford:
No. 68 Ford:
No. 69 Ford: