- Bonanomi Replaces Kimber-Smith at PR1/Mathiasen for COTA
- Cadillac Yet to Declare Driver Pairings for VIR
- Ford, Ferrari Evaluating Evo Kits for 2018
- Prestige/WTR Confirm Lamborghini ST Driver Lineups
- Double Stint: Monza Recap, Kenton Koch Interview (4.25.17)
- New Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Breaks Cover; Begins Testing Program
- Jacques, Pierre Nicolet Headline Eurasia 24H Le Mans Lineup
- Ginetta Open to Future Evolutions of LMP1 Car
- Johansson Returns to Driving in Scuderia Corsa Ferrari for SprintX
- Morad Joins Dalziel in CRP Mercedes for SprintX
Tockwith to Give Ligier JS P217 WEC Debut at Spa
- Updated: April 19, 2017
As revealed by Sportscar365 in February, Tockwith Motorsports will join the FIA World Endurance Championship for the WEC Six Hours of Spa next month, making the Ligier JS P217 Gibson’s series debut.
The British team, which is already running its Ligier in the European Le Mans Series and 24 Hours of Le Mans, told Sportscar365 it was evaluating entering up to four WEC rounds in addition, including Spa.
Nigel Moore and Phil Hanson are listed on the provisional entry list for the second round of the WEC season, joined by ex-Formula 1 driver Karun Chandhok.
The team’s Ligier joins a field of ten Oreca 07 Gibsons, including two badged as Alpine A470 Gibsons, and will be the first time the new-generation Ligier has run in the series.
Last weekend’s ELMS season-opening Four Hours of Silverstone featured five Ligiers, including the Tockwith car, which finished fifth.
Although the team has made no indication on whether it still plans to enter any further WEC rounds, although team principal Simon Moore told Sportscar365 he was looking at the Spa, Nürburgring, Shanghai and Bahrain rounds.
Chandhok will also join Nigel Moore and Hanson at Tockwith for its debut attempt at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.