- Rockingham Weekend Notebook
- VIDEO: Fichter’s Massive Accident in TC Race
- VIR Saturday Notebook
- TR3 Ferrari Takes Shock Win in Penalty-Affected SprintX Race 1
- Jamin Dominates GTS Race 1 at VIR
- Skeen Storms to SprintX Pole at VIR
- Adam, Johnston Lead TF Sport 1-2 in Rockingham Qualifying
- Courtney Edges Out Jamin for GTS Pole
- AJR Co-Founder Holly Job Passes Away
- Davison Lands Last-Minute Drive in DIME Lamborghini
Bortolotti Tops Opening Practice in Dubai
- Updated: January 12, 2017
Grasser Racing Team has topped the time charts in opening free practice for this weekend’s Hankook 24 Hours of Dubai.
Mirko Bortolotti jumped to the top of the time sheets late in the 30-minute session, having reeled off a quick time of 1:58.306 in his No. 963 Lamborghini Huracan GT3.
The Italian driver pipped the No. 2 Black Falcon Mercedes-AMG GT3 of Jeroen Bleekemolen by 0.581 seconds, with the No. 14 Optimum Motorsport Audi R8 LMS third quickest overall and in the A6-Pro class.
Times were significantly quicker than both private test sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday morning, which were led by the Forch and IMSA Performance Porsche 911 GT3 Rs, respectively.
No major incidents were reported in the session, which was limited to just A6-Pro, SP2 and 991 Cup cars.
All classes are now on track for a two-hour practice session, which will be followed by qualifying this evening.
RESULTS: Free Practice 1