- Van Der Linde Declared Race 1 Winner after Post-Race Penalties
- CJ Wilson: “I’m Making Up For Lost Time”
- Revised WEC TV Broadcast Team Announced
- Second GT4 Porsche for RN Vision STS
- Algarve Pro Confirms 24H Le Mans Lineup, SO24! Deal
- Atherton: No Plans to Performance Balance LMP3, MPC Cars
- Quaife, Case Confirmed in AF Corse Ferrari for Sprint Cup
- BMW Team France Confirms Two-Car Entry for GT4 Southern Cup
- Lago Wins Race 2 at Albert Park
- Tony Quinn Makes 100th Australian GT Start
Bortolotti Tops Opening Practice in Dubai
- Updated: January 12, 2017
Grasser Racing Team has topped the time charts in opening free practice for this weekend’s Hankook 24 Hours of Dubai.
Mirko Bortolotti jumped to the top of the time sheets late in the 30-minute session, having reeled off a quick time of 1:58.306 in his No. 963 Lamborghini Huracan GT3.
The Italian driver pipped the No. 2 Black Falcon Mercedes-AMG GT3 of Jeroen Bleekemolen by 0.581 seconds, with the No. 14 Optimum Motorsport Audi R8 LMS third quickest overall and in the A6-Pro class.
Times were significantly quicker than both private test sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday morning, which were led by the Forch and IMSA Performance Porsche 911 GT3 Rs, respectively.
No major incidents were reported in the session, which was limited to just A6-Pro, SP2 and 991 Cup cars.
All classes are now on track for a two-hour practice session, which will be followed by qualifying this evening.
RESULTS: Free Practice 1