- Ginetta Open to Future Evolutions of LMP1 Car
- Johansson Returns to Driving in Scuderia Corsa Ferrari for SprintX
- Morad Joins Dalziel in CRP Mercedes for SprintX
- Autometrics Commits to Full SprintX Season in GT Cup
- Vaxiviere Replaces Berthon at Panis Barthez for Monza
- Henzler to Join Porsche at COTA Ahead of Bruni Arrival
- VIDEO: Monza Race Highlights
- Norma Fastest in Le Mans Cup Test at Portimao
- Grasser Lamborghini Dominates at Monza
- Phoenix Audi Wins N24 Qualifying Race
KCMG Enters Two Audis for Blancpain GT Asia
- Updated: March 31, 2017
KCMG has announced that it will enter a pair of Audi R8 LMS in the Blancpain GT Series Asia ahead of the first round which takes place at Sepang next weekend.
The Hong Kong-based team has signed Martin Rump and Rick Yoon in a Pro-Am-entered car, while Naoto Takeda and Takuya Shirasaka will pilot the Am entry.
Estonian driver Rump comes off the back of a successful Audi R8 LMS Cup campaign last season, joining Yoon this season. The car this year will be entered in both Blancpain GT Asia and the Audi Cup.
“The new Blancpain GT Series Asia is definitely a new challenge with many new aspects for myself and the team,” said Rump.
“It’s already my third year in a row working with KCMG and seeing the passion in the eyes of each team member assures me it’s going to be another good season ahead. I’m very excited to get back in the car!
“We know our way around the Audi R8 since last season so we should be looking strong and the entire team is looking forward to validate this at the first event at Sepang.”
Meanwhile, the Am car will be present at four of the six Blancpain GT Series Asia events, which will visit Malaysia, Thailand, Japan and China between April and October.
“We are excited for this latest motorsport initiative that we have in Asia,” commented KCMG Head of Motorsport Ryuji Doi.
“Apart from racing in a new GT series in the region, the entire crew is also looking forward to work with Martin, Rick, Takeda and Shirasaka san.
“Similar to our Asian Le Mans Series and Audi R8 LMS Cup campaigns, we will once again have our Asian crew to support our drivers and we’re confident that it will be a strong season ahead.”