- Pier Guidi Puts AF Corse Ferrari on Pole at Monza
- Gutierrez Takes PC Race 2 Win at Barber
- Monza Saturday Notebook
- SMP Ferrari Quickest in Pre Qualifying at Monza
- Inaugural SprintX Champions Mills Rules Out PWC Return
- ISR Audi Tops First Practice at Monza; Strakka McLaren Crashes
- Schiller: “I’m Very Confident With My Decision”
- Koch Dominates in Prototype Challenge Series Return at Barber
- Bleekemolen Reunites with Pappas for SprintX Rounds
- 20 Full-Season Entries for Le Mans Cup
VSR Joins Blancpain GT Asia as Lamborghini Junior Team
- Updated: January 26, 2017
Vincenzo Sospiri Racing has become the latest team to enter the inaugural Blancpain GT Series Asia campaign after confirming a single Lamborghini Huracan GT3 for all six 2017 events.
VSR might be an Italian team but it already enjoys strong links in Asia thanks to its Japanese Formula 4 operation and selected Asian Le Mans Series appearances at the end of 2016.
Indeed, the same Huracan GT3 that raced in the latter now switches to Blancpain GT Series Asia as a full-season entry in 2017, with a yet-to-be-announced driver lineup.
Thursday’s announcement also further reinforces the partnership between Lamborghini Squadra Corse and VSR, which enters its Japanese Formula 4 cars under the VSR Lamborghini Squadra Corse Junior Team banner.
Equally, VSR contests the Blancpain Super Trofeo and Italian GT Championship with Huracáns.
“I’m delighted to confirm that we will be joining SRO’s new Blancpain GT Series Asia championship and would like to thank Lamborghini Squadra Corse for this opportunity to continue growing with them,” commented team principal Vincenzo Sospiri.
“We made an encouraging debut with our Huracán GT3 at the Zhuhai round of the Asian Le Mans Series at the end of last year, and I’m looking forward to getting back on track at Sepang in April.”
Head of Lamborghini Motorsport Giorgio Sanna confirmed: “We’re very happy about our partnership with VSR who for several years have contributed to the growth of the Lamborghini Squadra Corse Young Driver programme, bringing drivers from Formula 4 through Super Trofeo and up to race in the GT3 cars.”