- British GT Season to Get Underway at Media Day
- 41 Cars Set for ELMS Prologue
- Chinese-Inspired DC Racing Liveries Revealed
- Atherton: IMSA LMP3 Debut “A Home Run”
- Ex Williams Engineer Named Head of Aerodynamics for Ginetta LMP1
- Bradley Completes Graff LMP2 Lineup
- Walsh Wins Opening Race at Albert Park
- Continental Tire IMSA Spotlight: Jeroen Bleekemolen
- SRO to Submit Bid for New FIA GT Pro-Am World Cup Event
- Brands Hatch Extends Blancpain GT Deal Through 2019
Morris, Parfitt Back in Team Parker Bentley for British GT Assault
- Updated: March 20, 2017
Seb Morris and Rick Parfitt Jr. will return to Team Parker Racing in the outfit’s second Bentley Continental GT3 for the British GT season, the team announced on Monday.
The pair join previously-announced Ian Loggie and Callum MacLeod in an expanded two-car program for the Leicestershire, England-based team.
Morris and Parfitt combined last year in the former’s first season in GT competition to score four pole positions, while also winning the second Oulton Park sprint race.
More recently, Sunoco Challenge winner Morris joined Action Express Racing at the Rolex 24 at Daytona in January as the team’s fourth driver in the No. 31 Cadillac DPi.
“I’m extremely excited to mount a full title assault on the British GT Championship with this amazing team of people once again and, of course, the best manufacturer on the grid – Bentley,” Morris said.
“I believe with the changes we have made over the winter with the help of M-Sport and Bentley, plus the driver pairing, we really will have the whole package this year.
“It’s a dream come true to be able to do this again with a year of experience behind us. I can’t wait to get going, most importantly we are here to win the championship – that’s the goal.”
The Bentley’s new livery, featuring backing from British haulage and infrastructure giant Eddie Stobart, will be unveiled on Friday at an event in Mayfair, London.
This announcement means that last season’s top four driver pairings – both TF Sport cars, the Phil Keen / Jon Minshaw Barwell Motorsport entry and the Morris / Parfitt Bentley – return unchanged for 2017.