Enzo Potolicchio will miss next month’s 24 Hours of Le Mans, with Frankie Montecalvo replacing the 8Star Motorsports team owner at the wheel of the No. 90 Ferrari F458 Italia in GTE-Am.
The Venezuelan, who has contested every FIA World Endurance Championship race to date, will not be at Le Mans due to his application for a U.S. Green Card, which requires him to remain in America during the six-month process.
While the Florida-based owner/driver said he has applied for a permit to allow for overseas travel, it has yet to be cleared in time for the 24-hour classic.
“It’s an unfortunate situation,” Potolicchio told Sportscar365. “But it was important to find a solution for the car as we needed another driver for Le Mans. I’m happy we found Frankie to fill in.”
Fellow Silver-rated driver Montecalvo, who is contesting a full season of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship in PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports’ Prototype Challenge effort, will join Paolo Ruberti and Gianluca Roda in the orange-colored Ferrari.
The 24-year-old New Jersey native will make his second Le Mans start after teaming with Gunnar Jeannette and Pierre Ehret in a Luxury Racing Ferrari in 2012. Montecalvo also contested the European Le Mans Series season with Ram Racing last year.
Potolicchio, meanwhile, is hopeful to return to the wheel of the 8Star Ferrari for the remainder of the season.
For Potolicchio, the next round of the FIA WEC conveniently takes place at Circuit of The Americas in September, followed by the Six Hours of Fuji on Oct. 12.