The Strakka-Dome S103 will not make its debut in the FIA WEC season-ending Six Hours of Sao Paulo after continued homologation issues for the new LMP2 car.
While having completed a five-day test in Hungary last month, an issue with the car’s headrest has caused the latest hangup on the program.
It comes following multiple delays to the Japanese prototype, which included a redesign of the rear-end following a pre-Le Mans testing accident that initially forced a six-month delay.
“The season was a write-off with the issues we have faced,” said team manager Karl Patman. “We have seen the true performance in the car and know what it is capable of. Now we have to wait until 2015 to show everyone else.”
The Strakka-Dome has racked up more than 2,000 miles in testing, including a planned pre-Brazil shakedown at Silverstone last week.
The British squad has vowed to return next year with a full-season effort, with further testing scheduled over the winter.
“Despite all the setbacks this year, we remain committed to the FIA WEC,” Patman said. “We are going to make sure 2015 makes up for the past 12 months.”
Strakka’s withdrawal leaves only four LMP2 entries for Brazil and 26 cars overall for the season finale, set for Nov. 28-30.