The second running of the Maxi Endurance 32-hour race has been postponed, organizers confirmed Friday.
The event at Portimao, billed as the longest endurance race in the world, was set to take place on Nov. 20-22 but will not go ahead as planned due to lack of entries.
Event organizer Jesús Díez Villarroel told Sportscar365 they had secured only eight confirmed entries for the full 32-hour race, although 15 additional cars were set for the 3.2-hour sprint race that was to run inside the enduro.
Among the entries planned for this year’s event included a Ligier JS P3 from Speed Factory Racing, as well as a Radical R3 RS driven by sports car racing veteran Andy Wallace.
A total of 14 cars took part in last year’s inaugural event, which was won by a Seat Leon entered by Formula Racing.
Villarroel said they are studying new dates, with February 2016 looking to be more favorable for an increased grid.