- Lotterer Tops Free Practice 1 at Fuji
- Inside Patron ESM’s Engineering Changes
- Mies Replaces Vanthoor in Zandvoort BSS Finale
- Goldcrest Motorsports to Focus Solely on IMSA Series in 2016
- Benton (Change): “Super Trofeo Prepares Us to Step Up to GTD”
- Fuji Thursday Notebook
- AF Racing Enters BR01 for 6H Bahrain
- Bertolini: “Everyone is Starting to Think About the Championship”
- PHOTOS: Fuji Thursday Gallery
- Cumming: “I’m Really Excited to Get More Time in a P2 Car”
GRT Expands to Two-Car Lamborghini Effort
- Updated: December 28, 2013
While having entered one Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 FL2 in this year’s FIA GT Series, Grasser Racing Team (GRT) will expand to a two-car full-season operation in the newly renamed Blancpain Sprint Series in 2014. (en Français)
The Austrian team, led by Gottfried Tweraser, finished runner-up in the Pro-Am Cup, with Hari Proczyk finishing ahead of his teammate Dominik Baumann in the drivers’ championship. The pairing won the season-ending Baku World Challenge in class.
Proczyk will continue at the wheel of one of the two cars next year and will be joined by 25-year-old Austrian Sascha Halek, who graduates from Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland.
Drivers for the final two seats will be announced at a later date.
The new Blancpain Sprint Series, which takes the place of the FIA GT Series, begins over Easter weekend in Nogaro. Seven races are scheduled for 2014.
In addition to GRT, Blancpain Racing has confirmed a Lamborghini for Peter Kox and Mark A. Hayek, while the Belgian Audi Cup Team WRT is expected to defend its Pro-Cup title.
The Sprint Series will offer a significant prize package of 100,000 Euros during each European round.