- Lone Star Racing Planning Expanded 2016 IMSA Schedule
- 26 Cars on Provisional Entry List for Sepang 12H
- Beaumesnil: “We Believe There is a Future for LMP1 Privateer”
- Albuquerque, Pagenaud Confirmed with Action Express for Enduros
- Reduced AMR Customer Presence Expected in 2016
- Webber: “It’s a Massive Moment to Win a World Title with Porsche”
- HTP Parts Ways with Bentley; Team Parker to Run Continental GT3s
- Provisional Gulf 12H Entry List Released
- VIDEO: Tequila Patron ESM Wraps Up Season in Bahrain
- Lamborghini ST World Final Content Recap
Schubert Motorsport To Enter Blancpain Sprint Series
- Updated: June 24, 2014
Schubert Motorsport is set to return to an international Stéphane Ratel-organized series with an entry in the Blancpain Sprint Series.
The team from Oschersleben, Germany last raced in the FIA GT3 European Championship in 2011, before shifting focus to the VLN series and the ADAC GT Masters and 24-hour races at the Nürburgring and Dubai.
BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert will make its series debut at Zandvoort in two weeks, with 19-year-old Austrian Thomas Jäger behind the wheel of the BMW Z4 GT3.
“My race program for the 2014 season is fixed. I’ll start in the Blancpain Sprint Series with a Team Schubert BMW Z4 GT3,” Jäger said on his personal website.
“We’ll start at the Zandvoort round in early July. The driver line-up will be purely Austrian, this much I can tell you already.”
Jäger’s team mate will be the 2012 FIA GT3 European Champion Dominik Baumann, who races for Schubert in ADAC GT Masters and at the Nürburgring 24 last weekend. The Austrian confirmed his next race weekend is at Zandvoort.