- Neveu, Fillon Visit Indy 500
- PHOTOS: Nürburgring 24 Weekend Gallery
- No Further Action on Final Lap Contact in N24
- Black Falcon Mercedes Prevails in Dramatic N24 Finish
- VIDEO: Phillip Island Race Highlights
- McLaren Makes History in First Australian Endurance Race
- Haribo Mercedes Leads into Final Six Hours at N24
- De La Torre Sustains Multiple Fractures in Lime Rock Accident
- Haribo Mercedes Continues to Lead N24 at Half Distance
- Palmer Sustains Head Injury in Lime Rock Accident
Schubert Motorsport To Enter Blancpain Sprint Series
- Updated: June 24, 2014
Schubert Motorsport is set to return to an international Stéphane Ratel-organized series with an entry in the Blancpain Sprint Series.
The team from Oschersleben, Germany last raced in the FIA GT3 European Championship in 2011, before shifting focus to the VLN series and the ADAC GT Masters and 24-hour races at the Nürburgring and Dubai.
BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert will make its series debut at Zandvoort in two weeks, with 19-year-old Austrian Thomas Jäger behind the wheel of the BMW Z4 GT3.
“My race program for the 2014 season is fixed. I’ll start in the Blancpain Sprint Series with a Team Schubert BMW Z4 GT3,” Jäger said on his personal website.
“We’ll start at the Zandvoort round in early July. The driver line-up will be purely Austrian, this much I can tell you already.”
Jäger’s team mate will be the 2012 FIA GT3 European Champion Dominik Baumann, who races for Schubert in ADAC GT Masters and at the Nürburgring 24 last weekend. The Austrian confirmed his next race weekend is at Zandvoort.